Thursday 15 November 2012

Watoto Concert

   Yesterday was a great day. I had the opportunity to have a lot of time with Jesus. When I am in Tororo, there can be a lot going on, a lot of distractions, so it was nice to literally just spend the whole day with Jesus. It is so important to have quiet time your Creator, quality time.

   After my quiet time with Jesus, then I just relaxed a little bit and got ready to go to a recording of Watoto Child Care Ministries. When I arrived, the stage was beautiful. There were lights and African decorations everywhere. It was just perfect.

   Finally the concert began. Everyone cheered as the stage filled up with orphans who have given their lives to Jesus. I have never seen a group of people more grateful and more sold out for Jesus. It was so amazing. As the children sang you could just feel the presence of God all over the room.

   I have been coming to Watoto since I was 15 years old. It still amazes me every time. These children have lost everything, EVERYTHING. Yet, here they are singing and worshipping God for the new life that Watoto has given them, that God has give them. I looked on the stage and I saw children who were former child soldiers giving the glory to God for bringing them out and giving them a new chance at life. When I was 15, I really could learn something from these children, who were my age. Now, as an adult, I still learn from them. What excuse do I have to not worship my God? I see what these children have been through and here they are, singing and dancing for Jesus. As adults, we can learn a thing or 2 from these children.

   There have been times in my own life when I didn't see a reason to worship God. It could have been something really bad, however, that is still no excuse to not give God all the praise. I have been hurt and I have even felt like God was listening to me or didn't care about me. Is that true? NO! But sometimes, we feel that way. In midst of the hurt, worshipping the God who I thought hurt me, was not my idea of a good time. Watching these children, I have learned a different way to handle a tough situations.

"Thank you Jesus for allowing me to watch your children sing praises to you. Thank you for allowing me to learn something important from these children. I pray God that you will keep me safe on my travels back to Tororo today. I love you! Amen."
 

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful, gave me chills. Thank you for sharing this, Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the first time I saw the Watoto Children's Choir - you were with me. It left an impression on our hearts. I'm so proud of what you are doing.

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete