Monday 26 November 2012

Swim Day

   Yesterday morning I was in the babies room. I spent the whole morning changing diapers and playing with little Caleb. I was trying to teach him to share. It is the hardest thing that Caleb is learning. He gets so frustrated when he can't have all the toys in the room, so I was trying teach him to share. Although it was not a pretty scene, we got through it and we made a little progress. That progress being, when I gave a toy to another child in the room, he didn't scream. PROGRESS!!

   After that, Pastor Ruth finally came to Smile Africa to have a few meetings. I sat with her in the office for those meetings and helped speed things along. One of those meetings we had to have was dismissing the worker that was flirting with 16 year old girl. That was a pretty hard meeting to get through. It made everyone upset. We did not want to let this man go, but our first priority is the safety of the children. So we said good-bye to him.

   The room was very quite after that meeting. Then Pastor Ruth said, "Maybe we should go swimming today instead of next week?" It was a great idea! We called a friend to come pick us up and I took my children to go swimming. They were so excited. Bogere and Betty had never been in a pool before. When I put their new swimsuits on them there eyes got big, they were so excited! They could hardly wait to get inside that pool. 

   When Bogere got inside the pool he just started laughing. I have never heard him laugh so hard! Then he said, " I've never seen so much water!" It was so cute. I was attempting to teach them how to swim. They both could not believe what happening. I carried them across the pool as they laughed. It was so much fun. Their reactions totally made my day. I put Bogere on my back and I swam with him holding on tight to my back. My little boy held on tightly as I took him through the water. We had the best time together. Pastor Ruth took pictures of us playing in the pool and she just laughed at these children and their reaction to everything that was happening. It was wonderful to have some time with Bogere. I had missed him all weekend. So we got to have some one on one swimming time together. It was perfect.

   Once our pool time was over, the adults packed the bags up and got ready to leave. When I looked, Betty and Bogere were playing on the swing set. I just looked at them and smiled as they talked to each other and laughed. They were so happy. I was so glad that I could give them a great day like this, they deserved it. I have never seen such big smiles on these children. They whole way back to Smile Africa they were smiling and telling each other about what just happened. I love Betty and Bogere so much. 

"Thank you Jesus for this wonderful day with my children! Thank you for all the fun that we had! I pray that we will continue to have great days together. Thank you for all that you are doing in the lives of my children. I love you! Amen."



No comments:

Post a Comment