Monday 5 November 2012

Happy Birthday Betty

   Yesterday was Betty's birthday! I was excited to get to Smile Africa so that I could spend time with her and do something special for her on her birthday. My arrival to Smile was later than usual because I was skyping my brother in the morning. Which was so wonderful. I have to say that skyping him made my day. I missed him very much.

   When I finally arrived at Smile, Betty and Bogere came running up to me. They both seemed very happy and excited. As I was walking to put my stuff down, one of the teachers ran up to me and asked me if I would go into the slum to find 2 of the widows for her and tell them to come to Smile Africa. I agreed to do so and I took Betty and Bogere with me. As we walked through the slum, flashbacks of Bogere's mom came into my head. I thought of when I first met her and when I begged her to come to a safe place and she refused.

   Finally we found the 2 widows and told them to go to Smile Africa. While we were in the slum I saw Pastor Ruth and a team that she was taking through. They wanted to see what the slum looked like, so Ruth was taking them all around. She was very impressed that I knew my way around the slum pretty well. 

   Once we all arrived back at Smile Africa, Mama Ruth told me to take the team around and show them all the new things that we are building and plans that we have. I love doing that. I love casting a vision for all the teams that come. As I showed them around I had Bogere on my back and Betty holding onto my hand. They didn't leave my side for one second.

   It was lunch time. They team went back to the hotel for lunch, so I decided to escape with Betty and Bogere for Betty's birthday. I put them in the car and they were very excited!

   We finally arrived at the hotel. I bathed them both, put new clothes on them and we had lunch. They were both so excited and loved their new outfits. Lunch was finished so we went back up to my room and I gave Betty her birthday presents and I sang 'Happy Birthday' to her. The smile on her face made it all worth it. I gave her the presents and she was so excited. Betty got 2 new dresses and a journal to write and draw in. 

   After all our birthday fun, I took them back to Smile Africa. It was a very eventful day and my children seemed to really enjoy their time together. I was so glad that I could give Betty a little birthday party. She had never had one before, so I was glad that I could be the one to give her a party. It was an eventful day, a great day. I am so blessed by these children and I am so glad that God is using me to speak into their lives. 

"Thank you Jesus for everything that you do for me and these children. I pray God that you will continue to heal Bogere's heart. Thank you for Betty and the wonderful birthday that she got to have. I love you! Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment