Monday 19 November 2012

Breaking and Entering

   Yestesterday, Pastor Ruth and I walked to Smile Africa. On the way, we stopped to get some veggies for lunch. The walks are gettting easier and easier for her, so I am very proud of her. I love walking with her. We tell each other stories about everything and we laugh practically the whole way.

   One of the things that we were talking about was how I was going to discipline Betty and Bogere. I hate having those conversations. Just the day before they had acted in a rude way. I got them some treats because they did a great job helping me pass out the bracelets for the women. When I got them their treats and it was time to walk back to church, they both threw a fit. Bogere refused to walk, so I had to carry him. Neither one of them said thank you. Then once we got to church, Bogere ran away. He hid behind the building and cried and threw a tantrum. That kind of behavior is unacceptable. So I was explaining to Pastor Ruth what happened. Then I came to the conclusion that because they acted that way, I would not take them to town for a whole week.

   When we got to Smile Africa, I told them their punishment and they understand. It really stinks because I love taking them to town too. So it's really a punishment for the 3 of us! I am really hoping that they can behave this week so we can go have fun!

   Once we were finished at Smile, Mama Ruth and I started to walk back to her house. It was a day of exercise. Pastor Ruth had a meeting to go to so I continued on to my hotel. Just 2 hours later, Ruth called me asking me if we could go to the gym. So I quickly got ready and ran out of the hotel. I ran to the gym to meet Ruth. It was pouring rain! I love rain, so running in the ran was pretty much the best thing ever!

   We finally met at the gym. It was completely empty. Rain pouring down and no one was there. Ruth said,

"Where is everybody? It's strangely quite."

I said, "The rapture happened...dang it, we missed it!"

   Ruth and I just laughed. Then I convinced her to break in with me. So...she did! It was the most hilarious thing! We managed to get into the room with a few machines for us to work out. We could barely work out because we were laughing too hard at the fact that we just busted into the gym. Since the door was now open, other people came to work out as well. Oh good times! I could not believe that she did that with me! It was a very eventful day!

"Thank you Jesus for a fun rainy day! I pray that you will help my children behave. I pray that we will all enjoy our time together and you will continue to work in the hearts of my children. I love you so much! Amen"
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the exercise you are teaching me, it is helping stabilize my sugar levels.Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. The padlock was placed on the door and so we thought it was locked, but when Paris checked, she discovered it was not locked, we could have waited forever if she had not checked. I love how keen she is to check out everything even when people seem to give up.

    ReplyDelete