Monday 12 November 2012

Nonstop Day

   I'm writing my blog early this time. I am leaving early in the morning for Kampala, so I needed to write my blog tonight instead of in the morning.

   Today was an eventful day and I didn't even get to spend much time at Smile Africa. The team that has been here for the past 2 weeks, went home today. I had made some good friends on that team so it was sad to see them go. Before they left I did some last minute shopping with one of the women from the team. She wanted to buy some presents for her sponsor children that I could take to them. It was fun shopping with her. This lady also decided that she wanted me to be her daughter. I was told that she only had 2 sons and she really wanted a daughter. 

"You are the daughter that I never had!"

    I was happy to have another mother. God has truly blessed me with so much family while I have been out here. I have parents everywhere I go, which I am sure that my REAL parents are happy about.

   After shopping, I said good-bye to the team, then I walked to Smile with a bag of gifts for the sponsor children. They were so excited to get their presents! I was only at Smile Africa for maybe 15 minutes. I said hello to everyone and handed the presents out and then I left. I had to go to Rachelle's house. Rachelle is the American woman that I had mentioned before. I was going with her and her children to a friends house to help support a Ugandan woman who makes jewelry. It was so amazing! The jewelry was made out of paper and rolled into beads. They are just lovely.

   Once we had finished with that, then I went back to my hotel to get ready for dinner. I walked to Pastor Ruth's house. Just as we had sat down to eat dinner, she had gotten a phone call that one of her friends had fallen unconscious early in the day. Apparently she was awake now, but was refusing to  go to the doctor. They were asking Pastor Ruth to come and take her to the clinic. Pastor Ruth looked at me and said,

"We are going to eat this dinner like we are in the military!"

   We quickly ate our food. It probably took us maybe 5 minutes at the most and we were out the door. We finally got to the lady's house and got her to the clinic. As soon as we got everything worked out and the doctor was taking care of her, then we went back home.

   This was a very eventful, nonstop day. I have to say though, I really enjoyed it.  :)

"Thank you Jesus for getting the team here safely. I pray that you will be with them as they travel back home. I also pray for my trip to Kampala. I pray that you will keep me safe! I love you! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment