Friday 23 November 2012

Betty and Caleb

   I arrived early to Smile Africa yesterday. I had finished everything I needed to in the morning, so I just decided to walk over to Smile early. On my way I stopped at the store so that I could pick up some more diapers and formula for the babies. Since I was walking I couldn't take a lot, so I just grabbed 2 bags of diapers and 1 can of formula. I am going to have to bring a little each day.

   When I arrived at Smile I went straight into the babies room to deliver the diapers and the formula. While I was putting the stuff away, I realized that they had 3 people working in the babies room. They were not going to need my help much today. I didn't see Caleb in the room so I just went out to the field where the rest of the children were. While I was walking I heard a small squeaking scream and giggle. When I looked back, there was Caleb.

   Caleb ran to me while laughing and then threw himself at me. I picked him and held him. I love this boy so much. I had groceries in my hand for the office, so I carried Caleb with me as we took the groceries to the office. While I was putting the groceries away, Betty came running in the office. My little girl ran and threw her arms around my waist. 

   I was not going to be seeing Bogere today. It was the day that all the kids with HIV go to the clinic to make sure that they are healthy. This usually takes all day, so I was not going to be seeing him at all. So, I spent the whole day with Betty and Caleb. The 2 of them followed me everywhere as I ran around Smile working on things. Wherever I was, Betty and Caleb were shortly following.

   The whole day I just kept thinking how blessed I am. I get to spend everyday with over 400 children. I love children...so this is the best thing ever. When I get to Smile everyday, most of them greet me and all of them know my name. I could not ask for anything better. 

"Thank you Jesus for all 400 of these children. Thank you for loving them and protecting them. Thank you for getting them all to Smile Africa in the mornings. I am so blessed by these children. Thank you for teaching me something new everyday. I love you! Amen."

1 comment:

  1. great articles and stories you got child of God.God bless you dearly

    ReplyDelete