Sunday 4 November 2012

Dr. Bogere

   "You are wondering how you will cope with all that is expected of you. You must traverse this day like any other: one step at a time...Trust that I know what I'm doing, and be ready to follow My lead."

   This is a passage from my devotional yesterday morning. This particular one just hit me hard. There are so many days when I look and God and wonder how it is that I am supposed to accomplish everything that is expected of me. There are days when I am so strong, I surprise myself. Then there are also days when I see 400 children looking at me for answers, answers that I may not have. It can be tough or overwhelming. That is when God intervenes.

   God reminds me that he has already equipped me with everything that I would need to fight this battle. He also reminds me that although I'm equipped, He is not going to leave me. That is really a comforting thought. It is a great example of a fathers love. 

   I remember when my dad was teaching me how to ride a bike. My mom and dad would run next to my bike and hold on to it 100 times. It came to the point when I was equipped with everything that I needed. I had my helmet, I had my elbow pads, and I knew how to ride that bike. Even though I knew how to ride it, my dad did not let go of my bike. My dad was holding on to the bike to make sure that I didn't fall, he was helping to steer where I was going. Just because I knew how to ride and I was equipped with protective gear and the know how, my daddy did not let go. He never left my side. That way, if I fell, he would be right there to pick me up again.

   That is the perfect example of my Heavenly Father. God has trained me, we've practiced 100 times, and now I am equipped with everything that I need. God has still not left my side. He is there with me every step of the way, just in case I fall. 

   Yesterday was Sunday, so I had church. It was nearing the end of church and Bogere entered the building. I looked and saw him running to me. He finally reached me and he climbed on my lap. I held him tightly and then we left. As we were walking to the store I asked him, 

"Bogere, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"I am going to be a doctor. I am going to make people better. Maybe even HIV will go away forever."

   I have to be honest, I did not think that he was going to say that. That made my heart so happy. My little boy is going to change the world, I just know it. So I said, 

"Bogere, you are going to be a great doctor. You can do anything you want to do!"

   As we entered the store I picked a few things that I was going to give Bogere for his lunch. No matter what the other children were having for lunch, he wanted to eat lunch with me every Sunday. Which I did not mind at all. As I was getting food, Bogere stopped following me and was starring at a pile of back packs. I walked over to him and he said, 

"Can I have a backpack for school? I am going to be a doctor!" 

   I couldn't possibly say no to that.

"Of course you can!"

   I bought Bogere his back pack and I put his lunch inside. When he had that backpack on, he didn't walk the same. He held his head high as we walked back to church. It was so cute! I love that boy so much and no one believes in him more than I do. Bogere is going to change the world. God has great plans for him, I just know it. 


"Thank you God for my sweet Bogere. Thank you for loving him and giving him the heart that he has. Please God, help him accomplish all that he wants to accomplish in his life. Thank you for healing him! You are a good God :) I love you! Amen."


3 comments:

  1. How amazing is the power that God places in us to change destinies in his name. Proud of you for the fantastic passion that youhave.

    ReplyDelete