Tuesday 20 November 2012

Growing Babies

   Yesterday was a great day! I walked to Smile Africa while listening to music. When I arrived, Betty saw me and came running! As she jumped in my arms, I swung her around. I love getting those kind of greetings first thing in the morning. We walked to the office and I put my stuff down and walked back outside to find Bogere. When I looked around I finally saw him. When his eyes met mine, he jumped up and ran over to me and I picked him up and hugged him. It was a wonderful way to start the day.

   They both stayed with me in the office for a minute while I put some files away and I made lunch for all of us. They were being so good today. It was wonderful. I was really praying that they would be good so that we could just have a happy day together. I brought them some chips from the store and they loved them. When they both opened their bag, they each shared some with me. It was so nice. Did I want their chips? No. But the thought of giving some back, the thought of sharing, was amazing. They thought about it all by themselves. I was very proud of them.

   After we had our snack, we went to the babies room. I loved seeing my babies. Caleb ran over to me and gave me the biggest hug ever. While I was holding him I looked at the floor and saw the 4 babies laying there, playing with the toys. They were all laughing and making noises. It was very cute.

   My babies are getting so big. In the 3 months that I have been here, they have all gotten healthier and stronger. Bogere now loves to play in the babies room with the babies. He will take the play phones and put them to the babies ear and play music for them. My boy has become such a great big brother to all these little babies. It is so amazing to watch all these children grow.

"Thank you Jesus for healing and protecting all these babies. Thank you for a wonderful day at Smile. Thank you for your love. I pray that you will protect these children as they grow. I pray that they will have a strong relationship with you. I love you. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment