Wednesday 28 November 2012

The Inspection


   Yesterday was a very long day. I was at Smile Africa from 9am to 6:30pm. Pastor Ruth told me that people were coming to inspect Smile Africa and my work in the babies room. I wanted to make sure that everything was in the best shape possible when they arrived. I got to Smile Africa early and I went straight to the babies’ room. When I entered the room I found one of the girls that worked there, mopping the floor. I was happy to see that they were already starting to clean the room. This girl was cleaning the floor with such detail so I asked,

“You must have heard the news about the inspection?”

   She laughed, nodded her head and continued mopping. I too got down on my knees and started scrubbing the mats to make sure that everything looked crisp and clean. I even arranged all the toys to line up. Everything looked so orderly. Then to make it even better, when the people arrived to inspect, all the babies were asleep in their cribs. Well, all the babies except Caleb, who was strapped to my back.

   As they walked through Smile Africa they wrote down things that we need to improve on and things that we did well. I walked with them through Smile Africa and listened to the comments that they made. Then they finally made their way to the babies room. I was nervous at what they were going to say. They looked around the room…and no one said a word. They wrote things down and they walked out. I was worried. I was wondering why they didn’t say something. Then once we went outside the room, one of them said,

“That room is very well done! That has to be one of the best, and most well done elements of Smile Africa. I am very impressed with this room.”

   I was so excited! I was happy to hear that the thing that I have been working really hard on, was a success. After our meeting, they thanked us for all our hard work as a team at Smile Africa. They also said they look forward to seeing what else we are going to be doing at Smile. I shared with them some things that I was thinking for our babies. I told them that I wanted to build a babies home and I told them where it would be and how it would look. They gave me their permission to continue my work in that area and told me that they looked forward to seeing the final product.

   It was a long day, but it was worth it. We all learned a lot that we could improve on, but we also got more motivated to making Smile Africa even bigger. This was a hard, but exciting day.

“Thank you Jesus for allowing the inspectors to come. Thank you for opening their eyes to the work that we are doing at Smile Africa. I pray that we will take the suggestions and advise and make Smile Africa even better. I pray God that you will continue to help Smile Africa and make it grow even bigger. I love you! Amen.” 

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and have only read through a handful of posts but what is going to happen to Bogere when you leave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bogere is going to remain at Smile Africa. God has done an amazing work in him. So he will remain at Smile and I will visit him often. He is going to be an incredible boy and he will do amazing things for God!

      Delete