Tuesday 13 November 2012

My Last Month


   On my journey to Kampala yesterday, I thought about my last month here. It’s hard to imagine that all this time has gone by so quickly and I only have 1 month left. So much has happened during my time here, good and bad. While riding in the taxi I thought about Bogere, Betty, and Caleb. I thought about how sad it was going to be for all of us when I have to say good-bye. The 3 of us have been through so much together. We have become a family and now I have to leave. This is not going to be easy.

   I always felt like I had a lot of time, but then when I realized how quickly the first few months went by, the time seemed short. Just 1 month left. There is still so much that I feel like I need to accomplish while I'm here.

   When I look into Bogere's eyes I see so much hope that I didn't see before. I know that he is going to grow up to do amazing things. From the day I met him in June and looking at him now, it doesn't even look like the same boy. We have overcome a lot...together. We have a unique bond, a bond that I could never have with anyone else. When I come back from Kampala I am going to have to have a conversation with Bogere. I need to tell him that I am going home soon. I am just praying that God gives me the right words to say. I know that he wants to go with me. If I could take him, I would, but I can't. 

   After the conversation that I have with him, I wonder how he will act. I am just going to trust God and know that God has everything under control. I know I shouldn't think about the day I leave, but I can't help myself. I think about that day and how hard it is going to be for Bogere and myself. I cannot cry. I need to be strong. 

   My heart also belongs to Caleb and Betty. Caleb is still very young, so he will be fine a few weeks after I leave. I will miss him more than he misses me. Which is good. I don't want him to be hurting. Betty is older though. She will remember everything. I just pray that she will be happy and know that I will be back to visit them.

   This blog might sound like a bunch of worries or concerns. But I am just being honest with you, my family. I know that worry does not do anyone any bit of good. I also know that I need to trust God, and I do. I'm just being human with you for a minute. I'm just being real. I'm not perfect, I'm just a 21 year old girl who loves those children very much. I'm going to miss them. That being said, I have to make every minute of my last month with them count! 

"Thank you Jesus for my last month in Tororo Uganda. I pray that you will use me in this time like You never have before. I pray that I will make a difference. Thank you for all that you are doing in the lives of Bogere, Betty, and Caleb. I love you! Amen."

1 comment:

  1. Paris, every single one of your blogs is so real and vulnerable and beautiful - this didn't sound like a bunch of worries! Thank you for doing the work of sharing all these moments with us - probably some days when you don't feel like it! You made a commitment and you have stuck with it. You clearly are an incredible person, and we are all blessed that you are a part of this House.

    ReplyDelete