Tuesday 27 November 2012

A Family Dinner

   As I was walking to Smile Africa yesterday morning, I was listening to music and praying. I always feel better when I pray to start my day. I want to invite God to guide my each step as I walk through the day. As I arrived at Smile Africa I got the best welcome from Caleb. My sweet boy is getting stronger and stronger. Although he can't run, he really tries and it's the cutest thing to watch. As I was hugging Caleb I walked to the office. I said hello to all the teachers and the staff and I began walking back to the babies room. As I was walking away, Michael invited me to his home for dinner. His mother was in town and so they were going to have a big dinner with her. I gratefully accepted his offer.

   Once I got back to the babies room with Caleb, I helped feed some of the other babeies. Before I knew it, it was 12:30pm. That is the time that I usually go and get Caleb's lunch for him. As I walked out of the door, Caleb began to cry. I realized that I was not going anywhere without him today. So I picked him and he went to get his food together. This boy was holding onto me so tightly. I let go of him and he was still holding on! I got his food and we went back to the babies room. I took of his clothes, to avoid mess, and sat him on the mat. I usually just give him a spoon and he feeds himself, but this time I decided to feed my baby. 

   Once lunch was over I bathed him, brushed his teeth, and put him in his crib. That used to be a big challenge. I needed to train them all to just lay quietly in their cribs until they fell asleep. We are only going to get more babies, so we can't hold everyone until they fall asleep. Caleb got pretty good at that. So I put him in his crib, sang him a song, and began cleaning the babies room. 

   Finally it was time to go. I walked with Michael and his mother back to his home to get ready for the dinner. I was babysitting Michael's son so the mom could finish getting ready. It was so much being there with everyone. I have made so many friends in Tororo and I love spending time with them.

   Once the dinner was over everyone shared stories of how they met their spouse and funny stories while they were in college. I sat there and listened to everyone and enjoyed my time with my family and friends. It's times like these that I totally forget that I haven't lived here my whole life. If you ask them, they have known me since I was just a kid! Well, that's how they make me feel.

"Thank you Jesus for family and friends. Thank you for the love that I got to experience today. Thank you for always showing up and being apart of every discussion here. Thank you for the innocence and the purity that is around every conversation that is had. I pray God that you will bless my family and friends here in Tororo. Keep them all safe. I love you! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment