Thursday 29 November 2012

A Call To Action

   I want to thank you all so much for reading my blog and going on this journey with me, and it's still not over yet. It has been an exciting journey, with both hard and joyful moments. By you reading my blog it is as if you too are touching the lives of these children. I am so grateful that you all take time out of your busy day to read my blog and be apart of what God is doing in Uganda...but now...its time to do something. 

THIS IS A CALL TO ACTION!

   You have read and even seen the struggles that face Smile Africa and the children there. What God is doing in Smile Africa is so amazing and I believe that there is even more that can be done. I have talked to you all about the babies. Right now we have 5 babies...Ruth, Eric, Joshua, Moses, and Caleb. All 5 of these babies and 2 teachers stay in one room that is attached to our clinic. WE NEED MORE SPACE!

   God has put it on my heart to build a baby home. I believe that we can do this. Can I do this by myself? NO! I need your help. By building this baby home it will allow Smile Africa to register as an approved babies home, which will allow them to care for more babies. Right now, we have reached our limit in the small room that we use. The day we picked up baby Caleb from the police, they told us that there were 4 more babies that had been abandoned or abused and needed a place to go. WE HAD TO WALK AWAY FROM THEM! We did not have the space, so we could not take them. That was the most heart breaking thing that I have ever had to do!

   If we had a babies home, we would not have to walk away from babies that need us. There are babies even now that are waiting to be placed in a home where they can be looked after and loved. Will you please help me? I am asking you to give what you can. 

   To build this home it will cost $15,600. That means that if 312 people give $50...THE BABY HOME IS BUILT. For one person, that is a lot of money, but if we all work together, then we can do this. Please go to www.smileafrica.org. There you can donate whatever is on your heart to give, as well as read more about the baby home and Smile Africa. I believe that we can do this. I have faith in us as a family to raise this money. Let's all give what we can and watch what God does. If you want to see the world change, then you need to BE THE CHANGE that you want to see. 

   Will you help me give abandoned and abused babies a new chance at life? Will you be the hands and feet of Jesus? Will you help me change the world?

www.smileafrica.org




   

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you for this call to action!!! So powerful! My Husband and I will be giving what we can. You are such a great example of what Christian should be doing in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for giving what you can. It means the world to me, and it means the difference between life and death for the babies in Tororo. Thank you for reading my blog and understanding why I'm doing this! God Bless You!!

      Delete
  2. So proud of you Paris! Courage and favor on you in my prayer! Of course Im In! God is surely using you for his plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you thank you!! You don't know how much this means to me and the babies that you will be saving! Thank you so much! God bless you!!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I will give. I have been reading your blog everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Thank you so much! Thank you for reading my blog everyday! That alone is support! And now your giving! Thank you for helping me give abandoned babies a new chance at life! Thank you so much! God Bless you!

      Delete
  4. of COURSE!! WE ARE IN!!! YAY YAY YAY!!! Go PARIS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paris, are you partnering with Oasis? I was going to give (to Smile Africa) during the Christmas Wish service on 12/16. Just want to make sure this is the same thing....

    I love your blogs. I read everyday! I feel like I know the children and want to help them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paris, i have been trying to respond to your blog and it kept rejecting my message,today it is working.

    Thank you so much for all you are doing to make a difference in the lives of these babies, i am so happy that you heard first hand from the authorities how they are impressed with how you and your team in the baby room are taking good care of the babies.The approval we are getting is greatly as a result of your great input.

    God richly bless you.

    ReplyDelete