Saturday 10 November 2012

Ugandan Wedding

   Yesterday I attended my first Ugandan wedding. It was lovely. The bride and groom had been together for almost 10 years before he asked her to marry him. That is a long time! The bride says that he was worth the wait. It was a very pretty wedding. The bride and her bridesmaids looked beautiful. The groom looked nervous, but handsome. The bishop of Pastor Ruth's church did the wedding service. They both said their vows and everyone cheered. After the vows, the bride and groom sat down and a pastor came to give a sermon. I think that would be the only part that would be very different from weddings that I have seen before. The pastor gave a full on sermon. It was a nice sermon and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

   Once the wedding was over, everyone began to get in their cars or walk to the reception. I think I told you before, but in case I didn't, let me tell you. I have these American friends that live here in Tororo and they have 2 little girls. The husband, Jesse is out of the country, so the wife, Rachelle, had planned a slumber party for the girls and she wanted a friend as well. While I was sitting in the wedding, Rachelle texted me and asked me if I would come over. I said yes in a heart beat. 

   So while everyone else was going to the reception, I was going back to my hotel to change out of my dress and then I went over to Rachelle's house. As soon as I arrived, the girls came running to greet me. It was so great to see them and to hang out with Rachelle. I helped Rachelle make dinner and I was in Heaven. Rachelle was making macaroni and cheese! I was so excited to eat this! It's really the little things in life. 


   After dinner the kids and I played a little bit then I helped get the kids ready for bed. After much effort, the kids were finally in bed. Rachelle and I got to relax a little bit and we watched a movie before it was time for me to go back to my hotel. It was a lot of fun to hang out with this family. I love them very much. 

"Thank you Jesus for the chance to see a beautiful wedding. Thank you again for bringing me family as I am so far away. I pray God that you will bless the rest of my time here. I love you! Amen."

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a slumber and mac and cheese!!! Love reading your adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is the little things! Glad you had such a great day!

    ReplyDelete