Wednesday 31 October 2012

Welcome Home


   Yesterday was my last day in Kampala. I was alone this time though, since my mom and Shunna had left the night before. I woke up and worked out a little and then had breakfast. By the time I had finished with all that, it was time to head back to Tororo. I got picked up from the hotel and we drove to an airfield. I got in a tiny plane and I flew back to Tororo.


   It was really cool to fly close enough to the ground to see all that was happening below me. I had fun on my 1 hour plane ride. Once I landed in Tororo I did not see Pastor Ruth anywhere. I thought that maybe she had forgotten about me for a moment. When I looked over my shoulder I saw a car coming. Dorris, Pastor Ruth’s assistant was coming to pick me up it looked like. I started to gather my bags so that I could toss them in the car. Just then I heard my name being called. I looked back and there stood my children!

   Bogere and Betty came running to me. I was so excited to see them I almost cried right there. Bogere jumped straight into my arms. It was so sweet to have this kind of welcoming. I looked at Dorris and smiled and said thank you to her for bringing them to come get me. Dorris explained to me how she wanted to surprise me by bringing my children to welcome me back home. I was so excited to see them. It was just what I wanted.


   Once we dropped them back off at Smile Africa, Pastor Ruth informed me that she would have to see me later tonight because she was at the police station. I thought,

“I’ve only been back for 2 minutes and already I’m back into action!”

   We drove to the police station so that I could see Pastor Ruth. The car stopped and I ran to her. Mama Ruth gave me the biggest longest hug ever. It was nice to be back. Although I had a great time with my mom, it was so great to be back in Tororo. I left Ruth to finish up the business at the police station and I went back to the hotel to unpack.

   When I reached the hotel, the entire staff was excited to have me back. I didn’t think that I was going to be missed by the hotel staff. It was pretty funny. A bunch of them stopped what they were doing and ran outside to where I was to give me a hug. I have never seen that before. The waitresses left the restaurant to come give me a hug. They were all screaming,

“Welcome home Paris! We missed you! It was so quiet without you!”

   I loved that so much! These people have truly become my family out here. I was happy to be home.

“Thank you Jesus for getting me to Tororo safely. Thank you for giving me a family out here. Thank you for showing me friendships that will never die. Thank you for looking after my children and keeping them safe. I pray for the rest of my time here. Help me to be a blessing to everyone I meet. I love you! Amen.”


2 comments:

  1. You've touched their life - and you are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it back to Tororo and Prime Hotel. Praying for your last few weeks there!

    ReplyDelete