Sunday 7 October 2012

A Brand New Speaker

   I had an amazing Sunday! First thing in the morning we went to church! We watched the choir do a dance and sing a song for Jesus. It was beautiful to watch. It was in a language that I do not understand, the only word that I caught was "Jesus", so I assumed it was a worship song! Haha. We then had a speaker who was really good! The speaker was talking about how Jesus has given us a new name, that we no longer have to listen to the names of our past, but live in the name that our Father has given us. It was very powerful!

   Once the pastor finished, they introduced a new speaker, not just a new speaker to the church, but a person who has never spoken before...ME! Can I just tell you how nervous I was...when they introduced me to come speak, I was literally shaking. I closed my eyes and prayed. Just then I felt the peace and presence of Jesus fill the room and my shaking stopped. I looked at the congregation and thanked them for letting me speak and then I began to speak the words that God had placed on my heart.

   It was really fun getting the opportunity to speak! I had a great time. The people came up to me after to tell me that I did a good job. I was just happy that I made it through the whole thing without stuttering or passing out. ;) When I was looking through the pictures that were taken of me speaking, all I could see was my daddy. It amazes me how much I look like my father, the way I speak, my mannerisms, my dimples, everything! I am my father's daughter, born for such a time as this!

" Thank you Jesus for allowing me to speak to these wonderful people. Thank you for helping me get through everything I was trying to say. Thank you for waking something up inside me that will never be put to sleep! Thank you so much for your grace and your love! I love you! Amen"


5 comments:

  1. That awesome moment when we remember we cannot do much in our own strength but we can do it all with Jesus standing with us!!

    Sweet post, Paris!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great and powerful,the Lord spoke to His people through you as a mouth piece, all He asks of us is to say here i am Lord,use me, and that is what you did and He used you.To Him be the glory.

    ReplyDelete