Thursday 25 October 2012

Happy Birthday Bogere


   My walk to Smile Africa yesterday was a lot more fun than usual. Shunna and my mom accompanied me on my walk. It was so nice to walk with them and show them the town that has become my home. When we arrived at Smile we brought more toys and more clothes for the babies. It was so wonderful. The babies room is really coming together and I could not be happier about it.

   Bogere and Betty stayed close to us the whole time that we were at Smile. I decided that yesterday was going to be Bogere’s birthday. My sweet little boy doesn’t know how old he is or that he even has a birthday. I wanted him to grow up having a birthday, knowing that he is important and that his birth is something to be celebrated. So I decided to make his birthday yesterday. Bogere turned 7 years old.

   My mom, Shunna, and I took Bogere and Betty back to the hotel with us. We bathed them and gave them new clothes. I thought that they should have a birthday outfit. They were so excited about their new clothes. We then ate dinner and sang “Happy Birthday” to Bogere. He could not stop smiling. The look on his face was priceless. I was looking at my little boy thinking about how just 2 months ago he was sick, abused, rejected, and neglected. Now, he is healthier than he has ever been, loved, accepted, and chosen. What a transformation in just 2 months. God is so good.

   We all had ice cream and watched Lion King together. It is Bogere’s favorite movie now. Every time the opening song comes on, he smiles. My mom, Shunna, Bogere, Betty and myself were all lying on my bed and watching this movie. It was such a special day, not just for Bogere, but also for me. Seeing Bogere and Betty loved by Shunna and my mom made my heart so happy. They see in Bogere what I see, hope and a future.


   Bogere also opened a few presents. We gave him a truck and some new clothes. When I pulled out the truck and handed it to him, his eyes got wide and his jaw fell open. It was so great to see him so happy. After we watched a movie together then it was time to go back to Smile. It was getting close to dinnertime for these kids, so I needed to get them back. I called a boda and we got ready to go back to Smile Africa.


   I had the best day ever with my family. Both my mom and Shunna have fallen in love with Bogere and Betty just like I have. I loved spending time with all of them together. I know that this will be a day that Bogere will never forget, nor will I. Happy 7th Birthday Bogere. I love you and I am so proud of you! 

1 comment:

  1. Iam so grateful that I've walked a mile and put an endless smile on that special child's heart.Big UPS for you.keep being a blessing coz u r so blessed. Julles.

    ReplyDelete