Sunday 14 October 2012

Rescuing Moses


   I did not walk to Smile Africa yesterday like I always do. I walked to Mama Ruth’s house to visit her first to see how she was doing and to see if she needed anything. One thing led to another and I remained with her for about an hour. Mama Ruth and I drove to pick up a teenager and her new baby so that we could take them to Ruth’s house to get some proper love and attention. It was really great to see how instantly this young girl’s face changed. When I first met her she seemed a little sad, but when we brought her to Ruth’s house, she was happy and laughing. What a major difference a little love can do. We then drove to Smile Africa to check on things there and so I could see my babies! I missed them so much.

   As soon as we arrived to Smile I saw my sweet Caleb and he came running up to me…naked.

“Caleb! Where are your clothes? Where is your diaper silly baby?”

   Caleb just laughed and point to a bench in the babies room. Sure enough, there were the clothes and his diaper, just sitting in a pile. The teachers informed that, as of yesterday, his new favorite thing to do was to take off all his clothes and run around. My thought,

“Of course it is! On the one day I’m gone!”

   Bogere came running in shortly after. It was so great to see him. I love him so much and no matter what he does, he always puts a smile on my face. I picked him up and held him and told him just how important he was and how much I love him. Bogere just smiled and put his head on my shoulder. Once I was done in the babies room, Bogere took me outside to show me his new talent. My sweet boy can play the bongo! Bogere was so proud of his playing and it was so cute to watch him!


   I then left with Pastor Ruth to go back to her house to check on the teen and her baby. Everything was perfectly fine and everyone was happy. Then Pastor Ruth got a phone call,

“ What? Oh no, sorry. Okay, we are coming. Is it a boy or a girl? A boy. Wonderful, we are coming now.”

   In case you can’t tell by that phone call, Pastor Ruth was called to pick up a baby boy. This baby’s mother had died in childbirth and the father was in the hospital in a coma. We agreed to take this baby until the father wakes up. Then we would find out if the father is capable of taking care of this baby, and if so, then the baby would go with the father, if not, the baby would remain at Smile Africa.

   Mama Ruth named this baby Moses.

   We went to the police to pick him up and take him to Smile. Moses was so handsome…and so white! The police woman handed Moses to me and looked at us both and said,

“ Oh my! This baby resembles you! Are you sure he isn’t yours?”


   She laughed and thanked us for coming to pick him up, then we drove to Smile Africa. As soon as we arrived the nurse and a few teachers came to see this precious baby. All of them said how white this baby was!

“ Paris! You didn’t tell us you had a baby! Congratulations!”

   Everyone was laughing at the site of this white, Ugandan baby…and me. I bathed him and put a diaper and fresh clothes on him. I instantly fell in love with him, plus the fact that everyone was calling him my baby made it even worse. I believed it! While I am here, he is mine. I was so happy that we got to save this sweet baby boy. I thanked God for his love and mercy and rescuing Baby Moses. I have been so blessed to be able to witness God rescuing His children through Pastor Ruth and myself. This is what I have always wanted to do, this is what I was born to do, and I am doing it! There is really no greater feeling than knowing that you are walking in the plan that God intended for you.


     So, at the end of the day I was doing a count of all the children that are mine…it was a long list. Here it goes; Betty, Bogere, my “twins” Caleb and Philip, Baby Joshua, and now Baby Moses. In case you lost count…that’s 6 children…people I am a mother to 6 children and I am 21 years old…PRAISE JESUS! I know that there will come a time when I must go home and I will be sad to leave all these children. But I believe that God knew that these children would need a mother for the time I am here, so while I am here, I am more than happy to be a foster mother to these children. This is really a big adventure and I am loving every step of the way…it comes with its challenges, but at the end of the day I am a proud mother of 6. :) 

6 comments:

  1. that little baby is so cute.
    What a great day you had.

    Love you,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!!
    You are such a happy momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! PARIS U are AMAZING!!! Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moses is adorable! Can't wait to hold him next week! I am so proud of all you are doing Paris!

    ReplyDelete