Tuesday 9 October 2012

Feeding the 400

   Yesterday was a long day, but a good day. I walked to Smile and went right into the babies room to get my daily greeting from Caleb. That has to be the best way to start a morning. Caleb sees me, laughs, and runs over to give me the biggest hug ever. It is the best thing in the world. I have never felt more loved, than the love I get from this little boy.
 
   I was only at Smile for about 10 minutes until Pastor Ruth showed up. I looked out the window and saw her van, so I went over to go see what she needed. Then I remembered that today was the day that a father was going to be reunited with his son. A man had a son but had never met him, in fact, he was scared to meet him. The baby boy was born out of wedlock, so I believe that the father may have been ashamed. The good news was, the father went to see his son anyway, he looked at his baby boy and smiled at him. It was so great to see them together. I was so proud of this man for putting his pride aside and coming to see his son. The father was given a second chance, a chance to make it right. It was a really great moment to witness.

   When we arrived back at Smile it was lunch time. Today I decided that I was going to help with the serving of food. This is a really big job! There are over 400 children and 3 of us are making all the food and serving it...good times.

   Since yesterday was Uganda's 50th year of Independence, there was no school. Every child was there and waiting to be fed. We were working hard to make sure that the food was getting made as fast as possible. Finally we got it all made and laid out on the table for the children to come and eat. The lunch bell rang and all 400 children went to their spots to eat. I looked at all the food laid out on the table and I felt a good sense of accomplishment.

   When I was done serving lunch, I brought 2 plates back to the babies room for Caleb and Philip. Those 2 boys are so cute! Its fun when I'm playing with both of them at the same time. I call them my twins, since they are only a few months apart. I love them so much. I did not see Bogere at all until the very end of the day. It was actually a good thing. Bogere was playing with his friends and having fun. That was perfect, exactly what I wanted to hear. We are really making progress...slowly but surely. As I was about to leave for the day I gave Bogere a hug and I told him how proud I was of him. I said, "You will change the world one day Bogere, I just know it!"

Happy 50th Independence Uganda!!


2 comments:

  1. Paris,I read your blog for this first time and WOW!! You are an amazing person and very inspiring. I know that God is with you and will do great works through you for those children. Thank you for putting God first, because if you hadn't these childrens lives would not have been blessed without you. I will be praying for you and the children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! Were you able to fulfill all the options of your blog on your own or you got professional help?

    ReplyDelete