Friday 26 October 2012

GodChicks Tororo


   The GodChicks Conference Tororo was yesterday! It was such a fun time. When the morning started, the 3 of us were going over our notes and making sure that we had everything ready for our conference. We didn’t really know what to expect, but we knew that God was going to do something powerful in the lives of these women. When it came closer to the time that Pastor Ruth was supposed to come pick us up, we all went downstairs and waited in the lobby. As we were sitting their waiting to be picked up, the security guard came up to me and said,

“Um, excuse me, but your children are here.”
“What?!”

   I jumped up and ran outside toward the gate, and sure enough, Betty and Bogere were standing there. I was so confused at how they got there and why they were there. I hugged them and then asked how they got there. Betty said,

“We walked all the way from Smile Africa.”

   I was shocked. That is a long walk, and not safe for 2 children to be walking alone! Before I could tell them that is was not okay for them to walk to my hotel from Smile, Bogere said,

“We wanted to hear you speak.”

   What was I supposed to say to that? In the little English that he knows, he figured out that I was going to be speaking at the church, so he made sure that he got there. That is love. I have to later explain that he cannot do that anymore, but that was still very sweet.

   Finally it was time for the conference to start. The bishop’s wife and Pastor Ruth introduced my mom, Shunna and I to the women. They were all very excited to be hearing from all of us.


   We opened with a worship song that Shunna sang, and then my mom spoke. My mom gave her testimony of overcoming breast cancer. These women really loved hearing about how God healed my mother. It was a really encouraging and powerful message. The women loved my mom’s personality. Every face my mom would make or every funny comment, they whole congregation would start laughing. My mom is so good at this. I know that the women that attended GodChicks Tororo will never be the same.


    After my mom spoke I lead us in a praise and worship song. It was so much fun to sing praises to God with the women. Shunna and I had a good time together. We really had to wear a lot of hats during this conference. Between the 3 of us, we were the preachers, the praise and worship team, the sound and tech crew, the ushers, the MC, the conference coordinators and the photographers. We did it all. This will be a conference that I will never forget. It was so much fun and we for sure had a lot of laughs.


   Once I finished the song, then Shunna came up to speak. She did a great job! Shunna shared her testimony with the women. What Shunna went though, a lot of the women here go through as well. So it was a perfect message for them to hear. After she spoke, we sang again. Then it was my turn to speak. I also shared my testimony with the women. It was really fun. I kind of like this whole preaching thing! ;) Overall, I would say that the conference was a huge success.

   Sadly, the bull has left us. I had no idea that one bull could feed 500 people, but it did, and there was extra. I obviously could not eat a lot of the meat, and neither could my mom or Shunna. We looked at the meat and all we could see was the bull that lived at Smile Africa just the night before. We all had a piece of the meat so that we could be apart of the whole experience. We have truly taken GodChicks to a whole new level! I will never forget GodChicks Tororo.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful story. Praising God for your ministering to those women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing day.
    What a journey for Bogere! He loves you.

    I know God blessed your Godchicks Day!! With the 3 of you - it had to be magnificent.

    Love

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading these blogs! thanks for bringing us along on the journey.

    God is doing amazing things through you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome Paris, thanks for sharing, we love reading your blogs. AND love that GodChicks is now in AFRICA!

    Amazing!
    Donna xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited about what God did through all of you. All the women kept time, sat all through and listened attentively.The songs,testimonies and teachings were powerful and brought deliverance and healing to all of us present.
    Thank you so much to all of you for allowing Jesus to use you in a special way to deliver His word to His people.A big thank you to all who prayed for this conference and for the safe trip for Pastor Holly and Pastor Shunna.Thank you too for praying for Paris, the Lord has kept her safe and strong throughout her stay and ministry.
    LOVE YOU VERY MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that the seeds that God planted in women's hearts through the three of you will grow in fertile soil, and the emerging sense they have of being deeply valued and loved by Him will be life long, never to be crowded out by the cares of life, or snatched away by others. You ladies make all of us GodChicks back home very proud! :-)

    ReplyDelete