Tuesday 23 October 2012

Baby Ruth


   Yesterday was clinic day, which means that Bogere and the other children that are HIV positive go to the doctor to make sure that they are doing better and that they aren’t sick. So when I arrived at Smile Africa I knew that I wasn’t going to see Bogere. I decided that I was going to spend the day with Baby Ruth, one of the twins. Little Ruth is the only girl in the babies room, so she is the princess.

   I basically decided to take her with me everywhere I went. Baby Ruth was a premature baby, so she is 6 months old, but is very tiny. When I say her name, she laughs and when I talk to her she coos. It is the cutest thing ever. I just love this little girl. As I walked around Smile to check on a few things, I carried her with me. I absolutely loved spending time with this little girl.


   When it was naptime, I sang Ruth a song, a song that I have sung to her everyday since the day I arrived. When she hears the song, at first she looks at me and makes little coo sounds, as if she is trying to sing it with me, then she gets quiet and falls asleep. Once she was asleep I put her in her crib and went to see how Betty was doing. I bought Betty a new t-shirt the other day and she has yet to take it off. It’s cute how proud she is of her new shirt.

   I decided that I was going to walk back to my hotel from Smile a little early. I wanted to make sure that my mom and Shunna’s rooms were all ready. I bought a few more things for their room and I got the keys so that I could give it to them as soon as I saw them. I decided that I should rest a little so that I would be 100% when my mom arrived. I tried to sleep, but I couldn’t, I was too excited that my mom was coming in just one day. I stared at the ceiling, hoping that I would eventually fall asleep, and I did. Once I woke up I went to Pastor Ruth’s house for dinner. I think that she might be even more excited than I am to see my mom! HA! Ya right! Well I'm off to go pick up my mom from the airport! YAY!!

“ Thank you Jesus for another great day at Smile Africa. Thank you that Bogere is getting healthier and healthier. Thank you for giving me a special bond with each baby here. I am so blessed to have all these children love me like I love them. Thank you that my mom is almost here! I can hardly wait! I love you! Amen!”

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you that Mama gets to meet you in UGANDA, but i am also very glad to meet Pastor Holly face to face. Also to meet with Shunna who has been here before. To hear stories of Gods work in each one's life and ministry.God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me but I read your blog regularly. You are such an inspiration; your writings have stirred my heart in so many ways. Thank you for sharing your journey. God bless you and Smile Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey paris! so proud of you for allowing God to take you on a journey half-way around the world to bring love & im sure receive a ton of love...know you'll never be the same after this trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you get to see your mama! The goose and I miss u!

    ReplyDelete