Friday 5 October 2012

Accused of Murder

   I had an early start to my day yesterday because there was a lot that needed to be accomplished. I walked to town and Pastor Ruth met me there with her car. We had to take baby Joshua to the hospital because of some complications that he was having. So we drove to Smile, I went into the babies room to grab the baby and then we drove straight to the hospital. As soon as we got to the hospital and parked, Pastor Ruth's phone rang. We sat in the car as she talked on the phone and then she said,

"No, that's not possible. I have Paris with me now, I'll bring her down to see you."

   I was so confused at what was happening. I looked at Mama Ruth and asked her what was going on. Ruth told me that Bogere's step father and the family was telling the police that Tereza died in the car with me. They were saying that Bogere's mother died in my presence. I was shocked...my jaw dropped and thoughts flooded my mind.

"Wait a second...are these people accusing me of killing Bogere's mother? Am I being accused of murder?!"

   We drove to the police station and sat down in the office. The police woman told her assistant to bring Bogere's step father and the family into the room. When that man walked in...fear fell through my body. My heart started pounding and I began to tremble. This man looked me right in the eyes and I kept eye contact as well. I was so scared. I explained to the police woman the whole story and how I had seen Bogere's mom a week after our hospital visit, 2 days before she died. Which was when she told me to keep Bogere. The police woman said that she knew the whole story. Once the family saw me, they got nervous. They thought that I wasn't going to show up. The family was trying to lie to cover up this man's mistake. Once they saw me, they changed their story and said,


"We know that Tereza didn't die in the car with Paris. That's not what we meant."

   Once they heard me start telling the story, they got nervous, so they admitted to lying about her dying in the car with me. I was still in shock about what was happening. I did not think that I was ever going to see that man again...but here he was...2 feet in front of me. Tereza's sister was there as well as her brother. Her brother and sister were telling the police that it was Tereza's own fault that she died. They were trying to get the husband free. I could not believe what I hearing. Tereza's OWN brother and sister were blaming her for dying. It had to be the most heartless thing that I have ever seen. After the family explained there side of the story the Police asked Pastor Ruth what she thought they should do. Pastor Ruth said,



"Give him a strong warning and let him go."

   I looked at Mama Ruth with a very confused look on my face. "She can't be serious...she can't want this man who killed his wife to be free."

   We walked toward the van and she knew that she was going to have to explain her answer to me. When we got in the car she explained to me that these people can be very violent and when they are drunk they can do serious damage. If they thought that it was us who put the man in jail then they might try to harm us. So Pastor Ruth did it to protect us. I am grateful that she was protecting us...but I still wanted that man to pay for what he did to Bogere's mom. I thought that justice was going to be served, but now he might walk away a free man. I was devastated to hear that news, heartbroken. All I can do now is pray. Pray that God will intervene and bring justice to the land. It was really hard for me to understand, but I know that God is already working it out. Then it occurred to me "Vengeance in mine! Says the Lord."I think I will let God, the God who flooded the whole Earth, the God who sent a whale to swallow Jonah, I will let that God take care of Bogere's step father!

"Thank you Jesus for keeping me safe! As I walk on the front lines everyday, defending the weak and being a voice for the voiceless, you have never left my side. Thank you for keeping me strong. I pray a brick wall of protection, a brick wall with barb wire of protection over me and all the children at Smile Africa, no hedges. ;) thank you for your constant presence in my everyday decisions. Thank you for wisdom like I have never experienced before. I love you! Amen"



11 comments:

  1. Strangely this reminds me of a post i wrote on Grace...

    If he does get off scot-free, we can only trust that GOD will catch up with him eventually. May not even be while you are still here, but He will remember Tereza.

    LOL at the Brick wall with barb wire...

    May GOD protect you from those that might seek to cause you harm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Paris - you are making my life in LA sound boring! You are definitely on the front lines. I'm praying for a "wall of protection" around you with a few extra angels - the big ones - with swords.(not the little cute ones)

    Love you

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible story, Paris. I and MANY OTHERS are praying for you. And because of your commitment, many others are also praying for Smile and Watoto and Uganda. Your helping bring even more awareness to what takes place outside our four walls. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for the BIG angels too!!! Love you sweet girl...and am so proud of you! Can't wait to kiss your face soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your Dad. Our life in LA sounds so boring compared to yours. You got me hooked on your blog each day. Really praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is so awsesome. So thankful for ur protection :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's just crazy, and you are brave and awesome. God is with you every step of the way, you are ANOINTED for purpose, and no weapon formed against you will prosper. You could have reacted to your situation in a million different ways but, to me, it sounds as though you responded with wise restraint, strength, maturity and grace. We are all praying and trusting with you, and love being on this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have experienced in 1 month what most people will not experience in a lifetime, including a 72 year old grandmother.

    So proud of the wisdom you posses at such a young age.

    1Tim 4:12 Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.

    Love Betty/Brea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Paris,

    This is Christine from Perth- Australia, I accidentally come across your blogspot.

    Your story has really moved me and opened my minds and thoughts to many things in life
    Really inspired by your story and if I can i would like to share your story with my youth group.
    Praying and believing God's angels will be surrounding you, stay strong and courageous!

    God bless,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course its ok to share with your youth group! I appreciate that you even want to do that! Thank you so much for your support! It means so much to me! I hope everything is ok in Perth!! xoxo
      Paris

      Delete
  10. Thank you all so much for your comments, your prayers, your encouraging words, everything! I really feel so supported and so loved out here! That is so important to me and it means so much to me! Thank you Thank you! I look forward to seeing you all again soon and hugging all of you! You are all so wonderful! God Bless you all! I love you!!
    xoxo
    Paris

    ReplyDelete