Tuesday 16 October 2012

Bull Shopping

   When I woke up yesterday morning I was able to Skype my mom! It was so great to see her face and talk to her about her about her trip to Tororo coming up. I am so excited that she is coming! We have been planning things that we are going to do while she is here. During our conversation I was coughing really bad. Every other sentence I was coughing, so my mom, still being my mom on the other side of the world, said,

"Paris Noelle! You need to rest today! You do not sound good at all."

   So I did what she said and I rested...for an hour. Then I had to do something very important. When my mom comes to Tororo, we are having a GodChicks conference here. I am so excited that these women are going to hear how much their Father in Heaven loves. They are going to hear how valuable they really are, most of them will be hearing that for the first time. I am so excited for God to move.

   There are going to be 2 sessions and a lunch break in between them. Pastor Ruth and I went shopping for the lunch items for the conference. The major purchase is a bull...yes I said it, we are buying a bull for the GodChicks conference. All day yesterday I went bull shopping. I have to say that this is a first for me. I have never had to look a cow in the face that I am going to eat one day.

   We have really taken GodChicks to WHOLE NEW LEVEL!

   As Pastor Ruth went looking around and talked to people about the prices of their cows I really tried to not burst into laughter. I am negotiating the price of a bull...for our lunch...this was so weird, but so funny! We met a man who had a few head of cattle, so we looked among them to see which would feed the most people.

   We looked and looked to find our Godchicks bull...haha...our Godchicks bull! Sorry, it just doesn't get old. Anyway, we were looking for the right bull and at the price. Finally, after we looked for a while, we found our bull. Can I just tell you it was the weirdest feeling on the planet to look at your lunch before it's cooked. This bull was standing in the grass, grazing and then it looked at me. Get this picture with me. I'm standing in the grass staring a bull in the eyes, then it moos at me. The thought comes into my head, 

"You are going to be lunch for 400 women in about a week."

   This could make a person go vegetarian for life! Seriously! We purchased our bull and then we went back to the hotel. The whole car ride I was thinking about our new GodChicks bull. I don't think that I am going to be able to eat ANY meat at the conference. I can't meet my food before I eat it...that's so not right! haha!

"Thank you God for an amazing day! I had so much fun picking a bull out today! Thank you Jesus for giving me the strength to come on this amazing adventure! I love you! Amen."

6 comments:

  1. I am laughing soooo hard right now!! Got to say, this is a first for me too!! What an adventure!
    Love you Paris...and you better be getting some rest!!
    xoxo...mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll be able to eat it either, Paris! Too funny!! Can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding!!?????

    I would LOVE to be there...helping cook it and eat it! What a feast they will have!!! Remember....

    Proverbs 31:15-16
    She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants.She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a truly good bedtime story!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS!!! One of my favorite posts and I am with Bonnie :). Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paris, you have really had a lot of adventure on this visit, it has been a fertile training ground for you in ministry.Thank you so much for stepping up and taking the challenges with a smile. You are a great servant of God.

    ReplyDelete