Wednesday 24 October 2012

Mommy and Shunna Arrive


   Yesterday I woke up so excited! All I could think about was that my mom was landing soon! I got ready in the morning and then I ran all over the hotel to make sure that everything was just right for when my mom and Shunna arrived. I walked to Pastor Ruth’s house so that we could go pick them up from the airport. We got in the van and did a few things around town first. The anticipation was killing me!

“Can we please go get them now?!”

“Paris, they won’t land for another hour. Do you want us to just sit there and wait?”

10 minutes later… “ Ok how about now?”

   This went on for a while until we actually were driving in the direction of the airport. As soon as we got to the airport I jumped outside the vehicle and ran to the pathway where I knew that their plane would be landing. I heard the plane in the sky and I got very excited! Waiting patiently was not really an option at this point.


   Once the plane landed it took everything in me to not run to the plane…that was still moving. I waited and waited for it to come to a complete stop. It seemed like I was waiting an eternity! Finally the plane stopped. The pilot got out of the plane, then Shunna, then my mommy! I saw her and I ran! I could not get to her fast enough. I threw my arms around her and tears started flowing down my face…and hers too. I was so happy to finally be with my mom again. It has been 2 months since I have seen her, which is the longest I have ever been away from my mom, and so far away.


   Most of my mom’s luggage made it, so we carried it to the van. I was so excited to see my mom and Shunna, who is basically another mother of mine. It couldn’t get much better than that. Once the van was packed we went to the hotel so that they could change clothes and unpack a little.

   Once we were done with that, we went right to Smile Africa. I could not wait to introduce Bogere to my mom. I have talked a lot about him, so this was so special to me. When my mom saw Bogere she hugged him and he wrapped his arms around her. It was so special for me too see. Both people are my family and now they are both in the same place. It was perfect. Shunna was shocked at the improvement that Bogere has made. She has seen the before and after and she was so happy with the work that God has done in the little boys life.


   Sharing my new family and new home with my mom was the greatest feeling. You know when you are a little kid and you make something, like a painting or a drawing, and you just can’t wait to show your mom?

“ Mom, look at my drawing! Isn’t it cool?”

Well that’s how I felt.

“Mom look at the babies room! Look at my children! You see the new dresser?”

   I just wanted to show her everything! I was so happy. This was such a great day! A day that I had been waiting for! I am just looking forward to spending more time with my mom and Shunna!

“Jesus! Thank you so much for getting my mom and Shunna here safely. I am so happy and so at peace. Thank you for loving me enough to bring them both out here to just be with me. I thank you in advance for the lives that they will change while they are here as well! I love you! Amen.”



2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! I love to hear how happy you are to share Smile Africa and your Tororo family with your LA family.

    Love you,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. tehehehe... Love your excitement at your Momma's coming over..
    This post has put a smile on my face..

    Have fun with them!!!

    ReplyDelete