Monday 8 October 2012

Relying on Jesus

   As I walked to Smile Africa yesterday morning, I was praying for Baby Joshua. He had gone to the hospital late the night before because he was not breathing properly. I was worried for him, but I knew that God was going to take good care of him. I prayed the whole way to Smile and I listened to praise and worship music. As soon as I got to smile I went right into the babies room to check on Josh. I looked on his bed and there he was. It was so sad to see him that way. Josh was in pain, I could tell by his face and he had a high fever. I looked at his tiny little hand and there was a drip attached to it. I could not even imagine the pain he was feeling with a needle in his hand. My poor baby.

   Once I spent a little time with Joshua, I went to go find baby Philip. When I found him he was very dirty and he was crying. I know that he is just a baby, but I think that he misses his mom. I felt really bad for him, just seeing him standing there crying broke my heart. I went over to him and picked him up and he calmed down. I gave him a bath in some warm water, put fresh clothes on him and gave him some more medicine for the bad cold he has. I carried him and sang a song and he fell asleep. I held him tightly and prayed for him. I prayed for his future and that God would always send someone to look after him when I am gone. I loved being able to spend some quality time with my sweet baby Philip.

   Once I put Philip down to rest, I said hello to Betty and Bogere who were playing together. It was nice to see that they were getting along so well and becoming good friends. I was happy with the way things were going with my 4 babies :) 

   By noon I was not feeling well at all! I told everyone that I was going to leave early for the day, so I said good-bye to everyone and began walking 4 miles back to the hotel. That was a bad idea. My stomach was hurting so bad I could barely walk, but thank God I made it! When I arrived at the hotel I nearly passed out from all the pain. Once I got upstairs I took some medicine that I brought from home and I laid down and prayed. It really stinks being sick away from home. When I am sick I usually just want my own bed and my mom, to just be there and lay with me. Neither one of those things were available to me at this moment so I prayed. One thing that is good about being away from everything that is comfortable, is that I have learned to solely rely on Jesus. I have become closer to Jesus then I ever have before. It is a really great feeling, sensing his presence in my everyday moments. 

"Thank you Jesus for healing me from all my pain. Thank you for helping me get to the hotel without passing out. Thank you for laying in bed with me since my mom could not. You are my healer and my father. Thank you for walking with my every step of the way. I love you! Amen."

 

1 comment:

  1. Praising God for taking you safely to the hotel and for healing you.Please next time kindly just give me a call and a taxi can take you to the hotel or the Smile Van. When one feels sick you never know what can happen the next minute, you can only walk when you feel healthy and fine. I love you and thank God for keeping you strong through all the many challenges.Remember i am your mum away from Mum.Love and blessings.

    ReplyDelete