Monday 29 October 2012

Watoto Village

   Yesterday was a fun day! My mom, Shunna, and I went to one of the Watoto villages to see some of the children that we sponsor! It was so great to see all our kids growing up. The little boy I sponsor, Joe, I knew from when he was a small baby. I was there when they rescued him actually. It never ceases to amaze me how much these children grow and how happy and healthy they all look.

   2 of the children in the picture, I was there when they were rescued from desperate situations, as little babies. Now, they are big, happy, healthy, and learning about the love of Jesus. This is so amazing. After we got to visit all our children that we sponsor and spend time with them, then it was time to go. It is always hard to say good-bye, it always is. 

   After our Watoto visit, we went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. We were meeting friends for dinner that I haven't seen since I was 7 years old. They are from America and we just happened to be in Uganda, of all places, at the same time! So we decided to have dinner together while we are all here. It was great to see them again. I talked to them about all I was doing here and the daughter, Abi, decided she wants to come and serve at Smile Africa someday. That is so amazing! The more the merrier! 


"Thank you Jesus for the chance to visit with old friends. Thank you for the work that you are doing in all the children that we sponsor. Thank you for love. As I play with these children, I see your love all over them. Thank you for the chance to spend time with my mom and Shunna. Please continue to be with Bogere, Betty, and Caleb. Keep all my children safe. I love you! Amen."


3 comments:

  1. It was a great day!! So happy to be here with you Paris!! I am sad to leave tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Paris!! You're amazing, love reading these journals of yours.. come home soon!

    - Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you got to see little Hope. Watoto is amazing aren't they!!!

    ReplyDelete