Thursday 18 October 2012

New Companions

   Yesterday I was feeling much better! I had finally finished the treatment for malaria, so my body is getting back to being strong. I was so happy that I was able to walk to Smile Africa again. I was too weak to walk that far while I was on the medicine, so I was so ready to be walking again. On my way to Smile I was listening to music and not really paying any attention to what was going on behind me. I heard little giggles and laughter and when I turned around there were 15 school children following me. It was so funny. They all just wanted to know where I was going, so they walked behind me for a little bit. As I was turning onto a different street I turned to them and waved and they all waved back and then laughed and ran back to school.

   As I was walking on the long road that leads to the gate of Smile Africa, I had new company. Just as I was turning on the street, a shepherd had directed his cattle the same way that I was going. So I literally walked to work with a bunch of cows. I couldn't help but smile as I looked to my right and to my left and I was surrounded by cows. Obviously, I walk to work with cows in Los Angeles all the time! So this was nothing new. ;)


   I am used to walking to Smile either with Julian, who is now home, or alone. So I was really loving my new companions. 

   Once I arrived at Smile I went into the babies room to check on Baby Moses. The nurse was just about to bathe him, so I helped. I dressed him and then fed him, then he was one happy baby. I was talking to Moses when Caleb heard my voice from outside, he came running to the babies room. I saw him and he smiled at me and came over to give me hug. I love my morning hugs from Caleb. After that I spent a little time with Baby Joshua. That boy is getting so big! I cuddled with him and fed him and put him to sleep.

   Right as I was about to leave, Bogere came running in the babies room. Bogere was dirty and he needed to change his clothes, but I didn't care. I saw my boy and I immediately dropped to my knees and picked him the second he threw his arms around me. I want him to know that I love him just the way he is. It was important to me that he knew that he doesn't have to change anything in order for me to love him, clean or dirty I just love him. Bogere can always come to me, just how he is. This is how our Father in Heaven loves us. We don't need to clean up our act in order to come to Jesus. He loves us right where we are, right in the middle of our mess. When we are hurting and life is hard and we keep making wrong choices, we can always run to Jesus. Jesus will see us running and immediately drop to His knees and pick us up.

   Bogere had the best manners that I had ever heard come out of his mouth. I handed him a banana and he said "Thank you" all by himself! I didn't have to tell him to, he just did it on his own. I was so proud of him. I made a huge deal about it so that he would know how proud I was of him! Then Bogere saw Baby Moses and he held the baby for the first time. It was so sweet to see Bogere caring for the babies. It made me so happy and so proud.


   After lunch I went back to the hotel to prepare my message some more. I practiced and practiced...to the wall, then to the toilet, then to the bed. I was trying to have a new audience each time. Haha :)

   Well my message is today, I think that I am ready and I believe that God is going to do great things! I will be speaking at 3am on Friday morning Los Angeles time, 1pm Tororo time, so if anyone is awake, feel free to send a quick prayer my way!

"Jesus thank you for all the work that You are doing in the life of Bogere. I can see such a change in him and I am so in awe of all that you are doing. I praise you for all your love and your mercy. I pray God that you will be with me as I speak today. I pray that the words that come out of my mouth will not be my words, but your words. I love you! Amen."

 

3 comments:

  1. I will probably be up @ 3am and will pray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear how it went. I know it went well.
    Love you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know u will do well

    Saw Jordon on the 700 club, so proud of you both

    Brea/Betty

    ReplyDelete