Saturday 27 October 2012

Generation of Servants

   Yesterday we all went to Smile Africa to play with some of the babies again! It was so awesome to see my mom and Shunna playing with all the children that I have been taking care of. They got to see first hand all the work that I have been doing while I am here. Then it was lunch time. I wanted my mom to see how the lunch time routine went. So we went to the kitchen and grabbed plates of food to serve the children. First, my mom spilt beans all over her pants. Haha! It happens to everyone.

   We started handing the plates to the children. My mom really enjoyed serving all those kids. It was so much fun having her there with me to be a part of the work that I have been doing. 

   As mom went to grab more plates to serve, I followed her and did the same. When I looked behind me, Bogere was also following. It made me smile. I have learned to serve by the example that my mom and dad have set for me. They showed me what it looks like to have the heart of a servant. Now my little Bogere is serving his friends because he watches me do it. Having the heart of a servant is not something that you are born with, it's something that is taught or an example that is set, a choice. No matter the circumstance you are born in or the hurt you have gone through, you can have the heart of a servant. Look at Bogere. My boy was born in a slum, lost both his parents and watched as his mother was raped and beaten, but he is serving his friends. Why? Because I did not teach him that he is a victim and that he needs to try and survive this harsh world. I told him that he is an overcomer and is going to change this world. My parents taught me, so I teach him. Serving is something my family passes down through the generations. 

   After serving lunch to the children, my mom, Shunna, and I got on a small plane and went to Kampala! My mom decided that I could use a break, so I went with them to Kampala to have a few days to relax and recoup. I know that I am going to miss my boy, but it will be nice to have a little break. 

"Thank you Jesus for all that you do for me! Thank you for keeping me strong during every obstacle that has come my way. Thank you allowing my mom to come and relax with me for a few days. I pray that while I am away that you keep my children safe. I love you! Amen."








1 comment:

  1. GREAT thoughts on servant hood Paris! And very true! Glad you're going to get some R&R!

    ReplyDelete