Friday 3 July 2015

Home Again

          I have finally arrived back in the red dirt of beautiful Uganda. After around 30 hours of traveling, I was finally able to dig my feet back in the soil that I love so dearly. Although the flights were long, I was so excited to be coming back that I didn’t even think about that. Once the plane doors opened I took a big, deep inhale of the beautiful smell that is Uganda. It is a very distinct aroma and it makes my heart happy.
            
         Once my 4 bags and I made it out of customs and I saw Pastor Ruth, I couldn’t stop smiling. We held onto each other with excitement that we were finally together again. It has been over a year since we saw each other last, so this was a very happy reunion. After running a few errands in Kampala (the capitol city of Uganda) we started the 4.5 hour drive to Tororo.

            Finally we made it to Mama Ruth’s house. I was so excited to see all my brothers and sisters. Mama Ruth’s youngest daughter Esther screamed my name and came running to the door and jumped in my arms. Then baby Peter, who is Pastor Ruth’s 2 year old grandson, came running up to say hello also. I was so happy to be with my family again. We spent a few hours playing the toys that I brought for Esther and Peter. It was such a fun night with the family.

            
         Then finally I made it to the hotel late at night. The staff at this hotel has become good friends of mine due to all the times that I have lived here. It was wonderful seeing their familiar faces. They are excited I am back, and I am so excited to be back!

           
         I am looking forward to getting work done for City of Lights, but I am also looking forward to the adventure that God has in store for me.

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you are back visiting the land you love so much. I know you will have a great time seeing your growing Ugandan family. I wish I was there too.
    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you so excited to hear about all the many adventures God is leading you on Instagram Uganda. I know it is a happy homecoming especially for Bogere.

    ReplyDelete