Thursday 9 July 2015

A New Cook in Town

            Today was definitely a different day then I have had so far. First thing in the morning I went straight to Smile Africa to see my babies! Just as I arrived to the baby home the babies had just finished bathing. I helped the nannies dress all of the babies into their play clothes. After I said hello to all of them, then I started to play tag with babies. We had so much fun running around and playing together.

          
              I only stayed at the baby home for a couple hours today. Smile Africa had a bunch of guests that had come in from America and Pastor Ruth had planned to cook for them. She had requested me to help her cook that day. Cooking can take the whole day, so I had to be there early in order for it to be prepared on time. I have never cooked like this ever before, so it was really going to be an experience for me. I actually really enjoyed learning how to cook with Pastor Ruth. I am constantly learning new things from Mama Ruth and I am so grateful for that.

            Not only did I learn how to cook certain Ugandan foods, but I also learned different life lessons. There are so many things to be learned from her. It was really nice being able to spend quality time with her as we cooked. I was able to share things that were on my heart, my dreams, my concerns and she listened and she spoke at just the right times. It is so important to have people in your life who are older and wiser. No matter how old you are, there is someone that can speak into your life and give you wisdom. It is up to you to humble yourself and find that person. I have many "big sisters" and "mothers" in my world who are constantly speaking into my life and helping me try and make the best choices possible. I am so glad that I have mama Ruth by my side and that I am able to learn many things about life.


"For by wise guidance you will wage war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory."
Proverbs 24:6

No comments:

Post a Comment