Tuesday 14 July 2015

The Journey to Kampala

            It was a long journey to Kampala with 2 small kids, but it was a lot of fun.  I am so grateful that I had my friend Flavia to come along with me for the ride, otherwise it would have been really hard. Peter and Faith had a great time. Along the journey I happened to look out the window and I saw a man riding a horse and another man following him, riding a camel! I couldn’t believe my eyes. Unfortunately, we were driving too fast for me to take a picture. It was really cool and really random to see a man riding a camel on the side of the road! I was just as amazed as the kids were!

            When we finally reached Kampala I could not wait to get to the hotel. It was really nice to be with the kids in the hotel. Baby Faith LOVED the bed at the hotel! She smiled for hours and hours just rolling around the bed. Peter was not feeling too well when we left, but after some good medicine and a lot of love, he was doing much better.
             The best part of the hotel experience was the bathtub! I filled the tub with warm water and both Peter and Faith had the time of their lives! It was so fun playing in the water with them. The kids got to splash each other and play. It was really a good time.
            Then finally we were able to go pick up Jackie, the part we have all been waiting for! In fact, the main reason why we brought Peter with us is because Jackie loves him so much, so we brought him as a surprise for her. After much anticipation, she finally arrived! We were all so excited! Peter, although he was tired, was really happy to see Jackie!
I am so excited that Jackie is here! It is going to be an amazing week! Let the adventure begin!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paris I need to catch up on the blog. Bee so busy I'm glad you got out with the kids

    ReplyDelete