Friday 10 July 2015

Pay it Forward

            Today was a beautiful day at Smile Africa. After my amazing walk, I went right to the baby home. The babies were just eating breakfast and they were talking to one another. I just couldn’t help but burst into laughter. These babies were having full on conversations with each other. It was the cutest thing I have ever heard.
           
            As the children were napping I went outside to be with the older children. When I was looking around, I noticed Baby Gloria, who is not really a baby anymore, in the group of children. When I saw her I could not help but smile. Gloria was carrying a baby on her lap and rocking this baby to sleep.  This baby had been sick that day, so Gloria was trying to make him feel better. The baby had fallen asleep in Gloria’s arms. It was really beautiful to see. It was not long ago that baby was Gloria who needed the extra love and care when sick. Now a few years later, Gloria was the one giving the extra care and instead of needing it. Gloria has been raised by amazing women at Smile Africa who have taught her to love and respect other people. Now that she is older, she is doing exactly what she was taught.

 My sweet boy Bogere has also come a long way also. A few years ago Bogere was one of the children causing issues at Smile Africa. Now he is a very well behaved boy. You will see Bogere helping the teachers keep the children in line. He is such a happy boy now. I am so proud of how far he has come from the day that I first met him. The amazing team at Smile Africa has really helped my boy become a well-behaved young man. I am a proud mama. Bogere has taken what he has learned and is now teaching other young children.


“Thank you God for helping my children overcome challenges in their life. Thank you for bringing people into their lives to love and support them. Thank you that they are know in a place in their lives to take what they have learned and teach other children. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment