Thursday 16 July 2015

Akidi

            Now that I have truly become a member of my Ugandan family, they have given me a name of their tribe; they decided the name should be Akidi (pronounced Ah-keed-ee). I found out that the meaning of this name is Stone. Which, if you break down further means, strong, someone that can’t be shaken. When they came up with this name I really liked it. Everyone thought it was a good name for me.
           
Being strong is not always easy though. When going through hard times in life, in any part of the world, it is not easy to be strong and face the situation head on. There have been situations in my life that I thought I could not handle. I was overwhelmed and stressed out and I just felt weak and incapable. It is then that I have to remember that my strength doesn’t come from me alone, but from the God who created the universe. I also have to remember that what He has called me to, He has also equipped me. So I need to call on God before I start to be afraid.

I have learned that in life there are many battles that will come your way, but it is important to stand your ground and be rooted in the strength and confidence that it is in you. Maybe there is someone reading this blog right now who feels that life is just too much, that their strength is failing and they just can’t do it anymore. Please know that you are not alone! I have felt that way myself many times. Sometimes God places things in my hands that I feel I am unworthy to carry or things that I feel are just too difficult to bare. I want to encourage you to not give up. You have a big purpose on this Earth, stay strong and know that you are not alone, you do not have to face the battle alone. Plant yourself in the promise of God. Be like stone, someone that cannot be shaken, Akidi.

I am hoping that I one day can also be as strong as that name suggest.


"Thank you God for all that You are doing in the baby home. I pray that you continue to bless each and every baby inside. I pray that you continue to make us all stronger. I also pray that you will give me wisdom as I continue to make decisions for the babies. Please give me patience. I love you. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment