Tuesday 7 July 2015

Dare to Dream

“Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.” Joshua 1:6

            There are times while planning things for City of Lights baby home when I can be struck with fear. I often come up with big dreams and ideas for the babies. I love planning grand things for them that I know will benefit their future. Then I will have a moment of fear and I’ll start thinking negative things like, “What if I can’t raise the money for that project? What if something bad happens?” In that moment I have to remind myself that God has given me these dreams for a reason and I need to trust Him. 

           When I was 15 years old, God gave me a dream of having a baby home. Now, almost 9 years later, this baby home stands in front of me with 18 beautiful babies inside. In God's perfect timing that dream came to pass at the right time, with right people and at the right situation. I just had to be patient and trust God with the dream in my heart. Trusting God can be hard though. 

There are plenty of situations when fear can start to overtake me, but then I have to remember to be strong and courageous. Pastor Ruth was having a little heart to heart with me today and something that she said really stuck with me. She said, amongst many other things, that the life of a vision bearer can be really difficult. Mama Ruth had many reasons to say that and it is true. There can be times when you feel a lot of pressure and stress just wanting the best possible outcome. It can feel as if the weight of the world is on your shoulders, but that is when it is important to remember that it is God who has given you that dream. 

For me, when I get a little overwhelmed, I stop what I am doing and thank God for trusting me with the lives of His children. Today, my 23 year old self, stood in the center of a baby home that I had dreamed about years ago and I just had to thank God for believing in me. It was a humbling experience. It also reminded me that I do not need to be afraid because it is God who made this home come to pass and it is God who continuously takes care of all the babies that call City of Lights, home. 

During the many times I have been to Tororo I realized that having a dream can really change your life forever if you chose to act on that dream. Walking in the dream that God has placed in your heart can be scary, exciting and fulfilling all at the same time. That is why the phrase is "dare to dream". Dreaming really is a dare. It is a dare to be different, a dare to stand out, a dare to take risks, make mistakes, fall on your back, get back up, and keep trying. Dreaming really is a dare.  I would like to encourage everyone to not just be dreamers, but also doers. Having a dream is a good thing, do not be afraid, do not let that fire fizzle away. You just never know where that dream can lead you and just how much it can change you...or even the world. 




2 comments:

  1. I admire your courage and your beautiful faith in Gods ability to do far more exceedingly than you can imagine. It is so wonderful to watch and pray for you on this journey of dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep dreaming big dreams!
    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete