Monday 20 July 2015

Good-bye My Loves

            It was a very busy day today. First thing in the morning we drove to visit a preschool that we are going to start sending our toddlers to. It was a great school and I am so excited for our children to be going to new places and learning new things. After that visit, we then drove to Pastor Ruth’s village where she has her village home. Pastor Ruth’s husband passed away a few months ago and that is where he is buried. Mama Ruth had some work to do in the village, so Jackie and I walked to where the grave was. It was a very beautiful memorial to her husband who was a man that I loved dearly. It was also a very sad feeling realizing that he is actually gone. Although there were many mixed emotions, I am so happy to know that he is with Jesus and he is happy and free of pain.

            After seeing the grave, we went back to where Pastor Ruth was working. There were people buying land and she was one of the witnesses. As she was walking around with the group of people, Jackie and I made friends with a little girl and we hung out with her for a while. This little girl left and then came back with a baby goat in her arms. I could not believe the cuteness! I just had to go and say hi to the little goat. The little girl handed me the goat and I got to hold him! It was the cutest thing ever! Jackie and I walked over to Pastor Ruth while the goat was in my hands. All of the people laughed as they saw me carrying around a baby goat. I named the goat Billy and we agreed that they would not kill Billy for any purpose. Instead of him being someone’s dinner, he would live! I was happy about that!

            After that adventure we were finally able to go back to Smile Africa. Today was going to be my last day there, so I wanted to spend as much time there as possible. I loved being with the babies. I just wanted to hold them all and never let go. I consider each of these babies as my own. I love them so much. The thought that I am leaving them again is so hard on my heart. I didn’t want to think about how long it would be until I would see them again; otherwise I would start to cry. When it was time to go, I said good-bye to all of them and began to walk toward the car and I heard the babies yelling, “Mommy, bye! Mommy, bye!” And they were waving. As we drove away my heart was heavy and hurting, but I know that they will be loved and well taken care of while I am gone. 

            After my good-byes with the babies, Jackie and I took Bogere, Betty and Peter to the hotel to have dinner together. It was my last night in Tororo, so I wanted to spend it with them. I know I am going to miss them so much. I love every second that I get to spend with them. We ate dinner together and watched Frozen. As you can see, I was just as in to the movie as the kids were! And yes, we at on the floor...3 kids, rice, and chicken...yes, we ate on the floor. haha!

            Sadly, it was time to say good-bye. The driver was waiting for us, so the good-byes were a little rushed, but we said good-bye and we hugged tightly. I am going to miss those kids so much! I am so proud of the boy that Bogere has become. This boy has come a long way and I am excited about all the opportunities that lie ahead of him.


            Tomorrow morning we are off to Kampala for Baby Faith’s eye surgery. We have so far raised $400 out of $900! Almost half way there! I know that we can raise more! I am believing that God is going to provide for this baby and that this surgery will be covered! Thank you to everyone who donated! You are changing this baby’s life! If you would also like to donate, please go to www.cityoflightsinternational.org. Every dollar given will go to helping make Faith’s life healthier. Don’t wait for someone else, YOU can be the change. Together, we can change the world, one baby at a time!



            

1 comment: