Saturday 11 July 2015

Young Love

            Today was an amazing day. Saturday is a much quieter day than the rest of the week. It is a half day, so the children who come from the community only stay until around 1pm. Today, when I arrived, the babies were standing at the gate waiting for my arrival. When I opened the gate, the toddlers were standing there waiting to hug me. Then all of them wanted my attention at once and they all put their hands up asking me to carrying them…but there are 9 BIG toddlers… so I cannot carry them all! One of them began crying, so I picked him, little did I know that I got played by a 3 year old. HAHA! The second I picked him up he smiled like nothing happened. I just smiled and shook my head. Then when the other toddlers saw what that one had done, they too started crying hoping I would pick them up. It was hilarious and a little bit of madness first thing in the morning.
           
After that I took the babies to go have breakfast. As I went outside I saw Betty, Bogere and Gloria running to where I was. I was happy to see them. I took them into the office while I was working on a few things with the babies. The 3 of them were playing educational games on my Ipad while I got some work done. Gloria wandered away from the games toward the children books. I instantly stopped what I was doing so I could read to her. I LOVED reading to Gloria. I began reading the story called “The Very Busy Spider”. Every time I made the sounds of the animals she started laughing hysterically. It was so much fun.

 I needed to leave earlier than I usually do because there was a very large volunteer group coming to have dinner at Pastor Ruth’s house, so I needed to go home and help her cook. Before I left I saw baby Peter walking toward the wall that we are building for the baby home. I looked around wondered where he was off to, then I saw baby Grace coming in from the other side. Peter held Grace’s hand and smiled at her. My Peter as a girlfriend, what am I going to do?! HAHA! It was so funny to see him walking around the baby home holding hands with baby Grace. They were having a conversation with one another, walking and holding hands. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. My 3 year old Peter is experiencing Young Love. After I saw them together it dawned on me. Everyday Peter would ask, “Where’s Gracie”? I did not understand why, now I know why! I love these children so much.

 After being with the children I walked to Pastor Ruth’s home to help cook. I got there just in time! Last night mama Ruth taught me how to make Samosas, so this time I was ready to help her because she had already taught me. I immediately sat down and began helping her cook. It was really fun just being the family. When the visitors came we served the food and they all seemed to really like it. My favorite part about the evening was hanging out with my family. Pastor Ruth has 2 daughters that stay in Tororo, Peace and Patience. They have become like sisters to me, so it was so fun just hanging out and laughing with them. I love my family.

"Thank you God for an amazing day with my family. Thank you for blessing us and keeping us safe. Thank you for keeping all of my babies safe and teaching them how to love one another. I pray that you will continue to keep the children healthy and strong. I love you. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment