Sunday 5 July 2015

Sunday Funday

            I love Sunday mornings at Smile Africa. I love seeing the kids dancing and singing. I went straight to Smile Africa to be with the children, the babies and watch the service that the children are apart of. Once the service was over I went straight to the baby home. I saw all my babies running around the home, laughing and playing with one another. Sunday is a pretty relaxed day at Smile Africa once the church service was over, so I just stayed at the baby home for a little bit and played with the beautiful babies.




         I then decided to take Bogere and Betty back to the hotel to have a relaxing day with me. We had lunch and they watched a movie at the hotel. It was nice to have them back with me. Since I have not seen them for over a year, I knew that a day with just the 3 three of us would be really great. I know that this week is going to be long and busy, so it was nice to get some quiet time with them while we had the chance. We missed each other a lot. I really loved laughing with them. There was nothing serious going on, we just laughed about funny things Bogere would say or funny scenes in a movie. It was the perfect afternoon with my kids.



          After we spent our time together we went on a boda boda ride into town. For those of you that don’t know what a boda is, it is like a dirt bike or a small motorcycle that serves as a taxi. The children love it, so we rode a boda into town to buy some laundry soap. Betty had spilled some lunch on her clothes so I told her I would wash them (in a bucket) and bring them back to her. After that little adventure we had dinner at Pastor Ruth’s house. The children loved being with the family.


        After we dropped the children off at Smile Africa, Pastor Ruth’s son, chief drove me back to my hotel. On our way as I was looking out the window, I saw nothing but complete darkness. Then a light caught my attention. I saw a woman looking at her phone and the light was shinning on her face. Just as I looked at her I saw a man grab her arm. This man tried to rob this woman! Chief put the car in park and chased after the thief! I could not believe what was happening! Unfortunately, Chief did not catch him, but he did get a good look at him so he will know him if he sees him again. We then drove the woman back to her home. It turned out that the woman was the nurse for Smile Africa and City of Lights Baby Home. I was so thankful that she was okay. I was also proud of Chief that he tried to get justice for our nurse.We are so grateful that she is safe. There is never a dull moment.

I am so excited for the adventure that this week is going to bring. I just pray that God guides my steps, and keeps me safe as I stand on the front lines. This is the best job in the world, and I am honored that I get to do it. 

             




1 comment:

  1. You were definitely prequalified for this job�� God ordained you and it is always so beautiful to watch you in action to the high calling that's been placed upon you. I love seeing you and your kids together your smiles light up the night. Praying Gods Angeles in charge over you by day and night. May the Lord lead your steps and continue to show favor on you and all those precious children. Give Pastor Ruth my love. Love you.

    ReplyDelete