Saturday 4 July 2015

Big Giggles and Baby Feet

            I woke up in morning so excited to go to Smile Africa and City of Lights Baby Home. I could not wait to see Bogere and all of the babies! Right when I got to Smile Africa with Pastor Ruth, I looked around for Bogere. Then finally someone pointed him out and I saw his sweet smile. Bogere ran up to me and jumped in my arms. I wanted to cry, but I held it in. I was so happy to have this boy back in my arms again. As I was setting Bogere back down, all the other Smile Africa children came running up to me to say hi. I was so overwhelmed with love and happiness to be back with all of my children again.


            Then finally I made my way to the baby home. I couldn’t help but smile as I saw all the beautiful babies. It was so exciting to see how much they have all grown since the last time that I been here. Little babies who could not walk before came running to me with big smiles. It was a very happy morning.


            After I gave Bogere, Betty, Gloria, and Philip the presents that I brought for them, we all went back to the baby home. I wanted to spend as much time there as I could. I was just sitting with my back against the wall smiling at the 19 babies sleeping in their cribs. I just couldn’t believe that I was back and just how much the children have grown. Bogere sat next to me as I sat and stared at the babies. Bogere just sat quietly next to me playing with the toy I brought for him. Then all of a sudden every baby woke up at once…yes…I said it…at once. All of a sudden that happy, calm, peaceful feeling left and I suddenly realized that 19 babies…IS A LOT! As the nannies and I started changing diapers and feeding babies, I just assumed that Bogere was still sitting there playing with his toy, but when I looked over at him, I saw that he was helping me. It suddenly hit me, my little boy is growing up. Bogere put down his toy and picked up one of the babies to calm him. It was a proud moment. I looked at him and smiled, took a picture, and told him how proud I was of him for helping without anyone asking him. Bogere smiled and bounced the baby on his hip.


           
           After the mass diaper change, we fed all of the babies. We are now teaching them to use spoons and forks properly when they eat…it’s a work in progress, but I know with time, they will get it. After lunch we bathed all the babies. Once they were in their diapers I started running around the baby house and all the ones that can walk started running after me. The only sounds you could hear in the building were big giggles and baby feet running. It was so much fun.

          After a long day with the day babies I finally made it back to my room. It was an amazing first day. I am excited about the days that lie ahead of me.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures so happy to see you and Bogere together again. You are so in your element there. Thank you for sharing each day. I love reading your blog. 💕💞
    Praying you get everything done you have set out to do. God bless you sweet princess. May He fill your well continuously as you pour yourself out on all your children. Love you.

    ReplyDelete