Monday 13 July 2015

Laughter and Prayer

            It was a very busy day today. I was all over town running many different errands. Tomorrow Pastor Ruth, Baby Peter, Baby Faith, and myself are traveling to Kampala! Kampala is the capital city of Uganda, so there are many stores that we can shop from to buy quality things for the babies. Along with shopping for essential items for the babies, we will also be picking up one of my team members from City of Lights International, Jackie.  I am so excited that she is coming! Another thing that we will be doing, which is really important, is taking baby Faith to the doctor. There are just a few health concerns that I have for baby Faith, as she has not been developing as quickly as she should. So while we are in Kampala we will be taking her to a special doctor.

           After lunch I played with the babies, I played with them a lot! We were running around chasing each other for a long time. Then Baby Peter jumped on my back, Baby Ruth grabbed one of my legs and Baby Chris grabbed the other leg. As I would lift my leg, the baby would swing in the air. The laughter that filled the room was contagious.
            After I played with the babies, I then took Bogere, Betty, Pastor Ruth’s youngest daughter Esther, and Pastor Ruth’s grandson Peter to the pool. Well actually, I attempted to take them, but the pool was too dirty, so we were not able to swim. Instead of swimming, we played at the park. I thought the children were going to be disappointed, but actually they really enjoyed their time at the playground. Their favorite element of the park was the swings; in fact, they stayed on the swings the majority of the time.
            The day ended with me packing for the quick trip to Kampala. As I packed, I prayed for our journey and for Baby Faith. I prayed that God would give the doctor wisdom as he looked at Baby Faith. It is going to be a long journey, but I am excited for the adventure that lies ahead.

"Thank you God for this amazing day! I pray that you would keep us safe as we journey to Kampala. I pray that you will look after Baby Faith and keep her strong all the days of her life. I love you. Amen."



1 comment: