Friday 17 July 2015

Dancing Babies

            Today was a very busy day.  First thing in the morning, Jackie and I stopped in town to buy more containers where we keep the babies clothes. Every baby has a bucket with his or her name on it. That way they each have their own clothes and personal items that belong to just them. Once we arrived to Smile Africa, we went to the baby home and organized all the children’s clothes, got rid of really old ones and replaced them with new ones. That actually took a long time, but it was so worth it to see the children in new clothes.

            After we organized the babies’ clothes, we ran a few errands for the babies in town. When we got back from town we grabbed a bunch of toys that Jackie brought and began playing with the children. They were having so much fun playing with their news toys. I have learned that these children LOVE toy cars. As the cars would roll they would chase them down and start laughing.

            Along with toys, Jackie also brought nursery songs for the babies to learn, sing and dance too. While the children were playing with the cars I grabbed the CD player and the CD and began playing the nursery music. They kids LOVED it! They all started dancing and singing! They could not believe what they were hearing. I was laughing too hard at first to take any pictures or film, and then finally I was able to take a video of the children enjoying their music. I had so much fun watching them dance and sing. They laughter filled the room.


          After the hilarious show of the Dancing Babies, it was time to go home. As I was walking away from the Baby Home, I looked back and smiled. I smiled at all the work that God is doing in each baby’s life. I am speechless at all the generosity people have shown in order to better the lives of these babies. Also, the wall surrounding the baby home is looking amazing! Everyone is so excited about the wall! I cannot wait to see it complete!


"Thank you God for generous people. Thank you for people who love children. I pray that you will bless every person that has donated time and money for the babies in the baby home. I pray that you will continue to bless these babies and that you will protect them and keep them healthy and strong as they grow up. Thank you. I love you. Amen."



No comments:

Post a Comment