Sunday 12 July 2015

Despicable Me

            It was another great day at Smile Africa! Today, like every Sunday, there was a church service. The children were worshiping and praising God. It was really beautiful to see. I sat in the service for pieces at a time. As soon as I would sit down one of the babies would come up to me yelling, “Mommy! Mommy”. Then I would put them on my lap and sit with them for a minute, then they would get antsy,  then another baby would come, then another, then I just had to get up and walk back toward the baby home with them because it really became a distraction. It was really hard to focus with 4 babies 3 years old and younger hanging on me. But, lets just be honest I LOVED it.
           

The part I love most about the church service is the children dancing. When the older children are singing and beating the drum, a few of the younger children start dancing all over the place. It is so much fun to watch. Gloria was really getting into the music today! She danced all over the place!

After church I took Bogere and Betty back to the hotel to watch a movie and have lunch. It is something fun that we get to do together. We watched “Despicable Me” together. I didn’t know if they were going to like it or just be confused by it, but they LOVED it! I have never heard these children laugh so hard in my life. It was the best! It made me so happy that they were so happy. The laughter was contagious and we laughed together. The only thing I regret is not filming their laughter. When I was taking them back to Smile Africa they said, “Can we watch that movie again next week?” HAHA! I will have that whole movie memorized by the time I get back to California. 
           
The baby home wall is coming up quickly and is looking beautiful! I am so excited about all that wall is going to do for the babies. With that wall, it is going to keep the babies safe during the daytime when they play. It will also prevent the rapid spread of sickness. Everyone at Smile Africa is so excited about the wall!
              At the end of the day I met some missionaries and their children at a hotel. The children played in the grass as the parents and I talked. It is really nice spending time with people who have come to Tororo, Uganda from all over the world. We had a lot of fun sharing stories and getting to know each other better. Now I get to say I have friends from Holland! J
           
I finally, after a lot of walking and talking, got to my hotel.  Just as I sat down for dinner, the senator of Tororo joined me. It was nice to see him again. We sat down and talked for a minute about Smile Africa and the baby home. He was excited to hear all the new things that are happening and he said he would come to visit us soon. That was a great ending to the day.

“Thank you God for your constant and unconditional love. I am speechless by the things that you have done through many people at Smile Africa. I pray that you continue to protect all the children. I love you. Amen.”

             

No comments:

Post a Comment