Saturday 8 September 2012

Trusting God

The day was a fairly simple daly. It was very quiet at Smile because it was a Saturday and most of the kids stay home on Saturday and Sunday. I spent the majority of my time withe baby Joshua. Bogere would run to me and make sure that I was still in the baby's room and then he would run back outside to play with his friends. I've only been here a little over a week and we already have such a close bond. I'm so grateful that Bogere trusts me with his life, because I know that I will always protect him with mine.
There is a total of only 3 babies in the babies room and the twins have the flu. This leaves my baby Joshua..only 5 days old, to fend for himself. There is not much that I can do other than pray. I have truly learned to rely on God for everything while I've been here. I pray everyday that God will keep Joshua free from sickness. His little body is so fragile, that having the flu could have serious consequences. However, I know my God is bigger than the flu and He will protect his son from harm. I have been a Christian my whole life, but it's still hard to trust God with everything. It's easy to sing a song about trusting God, or even read a verse in the Bible about trusting God, its a whole other battle to actually let go and just trust Him!

I had the opportunity to shake hands with the mayor and the senator of my little town. They both thanked me for what a great job I was doing and they asked me when I planned on moving here! haha. They are very sweet gentlemen. I have been invited to have lunch with the senator next week. My mom has taught me my whole life on the proper manners when eating. She would say, "When you eat dinner with the queen one day, don't eat like that."Mom, does the senator of Tororo count? hehe. This is my chance to prove that I have not forgotten! I wont fail you mommy!lol I am not entirely sure of all God has planned for me on my journey in Tororo, but all I know is that where He leads, I will follow.

9 comments:

  1. P Diddy!! I am so proud of u! Love u baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paris! I am praying for you and am loving your blog! You are an amazing woman and I love hearing your heart in the words you've been writing. Love you lots! Kiss Bogere and Joshua for me too. Xoxo Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the senator of Tororo counts! :-) xoxo...mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just like your mom in some ways! I've been to Tororo 5 times - but on your 2nd visit - you are invited to eat with the senator!!

    What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Paris! I could never just pick up and live in Africa for three months! I admire your heart and passion in your 21 years that I wish I could only have in my 33 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! My jaw is on the floor reading about your passion for Gods children. Praying for Gods favor in everything you do. Keep writing! We love hearing about all the ways God is using you. It's so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Paris, you will be meeting many dignitaries,God has granted us favor with the authorities and it is always a blessing to let them meet the people God is using to change lives.
    You are a vessel of honor in Gods house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I have been a Christian my whole life, but it's still hard to trust God with everything. It's easy to sing a song about trusting God, or even read a verse in the Bible about trusting God, its a whole other battle to actually let go and just trust Him!" - This is beautiful Paris. Beautiful and so very Brave of you to state those words, thank you for that. I have always been an Agnostic who leans to the belief that there is a God. To me it gives me comfort in thinking that God is so super busy that things do slip by him and that just because he is God doesn't mean bad things don't happen. I know that's the Bible according to Khris , but however way you look at it I have so much love for you and are behind your efforts no matter what how our beliefs differ. I just like what you said.

    ReplyDelete