Monday 17 September 2012

Rescuing Caleb

WOW! That's the only word I can think of to describe my day yesterday. Pastor Ruth and myself drove to Mbale yesterday to rescue a little boy. The whole drive I could do nothing but pray. I was praying that God would keep this little boy safe and healthy. I prayed that we would get there fast enough so that no harm could come to him. When we arrived at the police station the wonderful police woman told us the little boy's story. This young boy is a product of a rape. The father raped his step daughter and she gave birth to this baby boy. No one in the family wanted him. In fact, his very life is in danger. The family is trying to kill him. In order for them to feel set free from the pain and the mistake, they want this little boy dead so that they no longer have to live with the guilt. When I heard that, my heart dropped to my feet. How could someone want to kill a baby? Let's not forget that the mistake was the father's, not the baby's. This just made me angry. In order to save his life, the police called Pastor Ruth so we could bring him to Smile Africa. That way the baby would be far enough from the family who is trying to kill him, and his life could be spared. We then got in the van and drove to the hospital where this boy was. The nurse brought him to us and I instantly fell in love with him. All I wanted to do was hold him and love him and protect him. Pastor Ruth told me that I could give him a name. I prayed and prayed for him and I finally gave him the name Caleb. Baby Caleb was born for a purpose, not a mistake, not an accident. What the enemy meant for evil, God will make beautiful! Caleb was born to be a leader, I just know it!

We were in the car for about 2 hours driving back to Tororo. Caleb was in my lab the whole time. I fed him and just loved him. He was scared of everyone that tried to touch him, everyone except me. After some time, Caleb fell asleep in my arms. I held him and prayed hard over his life. I prayed for his future and the huge plans that I know God has for this sweet baby boy. Toward the end of the car ride, he began to smile and I would tickle him and make him laugh. He is such a sweet baby boy. Once we got back to Tororo I took him to my hotel room and gave him a bath and put new clothes on him. I wanted him to know that he was loved, loved beyond measure. Once that was done and he was clean, we drove him to Smile and put him to bed in the babies room. Caleb was upset to see me leave, but I knew that he will be well looked after and I would spend a lot of time with him in the morning. I cannot wait to see the transformation that this little boy goes through during my time here. Being shown the love of Jesus can truly transform people. I am believing that for baby Caleb. 











5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a day you had!! So thankful that Caleb was rescued. Love you Paris...and am so proud of you! xoxo...mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Joy to see what one day of meeting Caleb can do to his life, then multiply with the remaining months that Paris will have with him, this boy is out for great love.Thank you so much Paris for availing your self to be used of God to do exploits in the Kingdom.
    Love you and thank God for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, inspiring post, Paris. Also, love that you are wearing your Oasis Kids shirt in Africa. As a mom, every time I see that shirt on anybody, it says to me "I love and will take good care of your kids." You are definitely being an extraordinary example in Africa of that kind of Oasis love for children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Cathy for you kind words! Thank you mom for loving me so well, this is what taught me how to love others! Thank you Ruth for being my Ugandan mommy! Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paris you are amazing! I have tears in my eyes. I love how big you both are smiling in the picture above! This is the first of your blogs I have read and now I am excited to read more.

    We miss you in Los Angeles but are so proud of the work you are doing!

    D

    ReplyDelete