Friday 14 September 2012

Shaved Head

Yesterday was a very long day! I was at Smile from 9am-6:30pm. So by the time it was time to leave for the day, I was ready! When I arrived in the morning, the teachers in the baby's room informed me that they had to do a few things and they would be back in a few hours....A FEW HOURS! Let me quickly inform you of something called "African Time". In Africa 10 minutes is really 45minutes and and 1 hour is really 2 hours. So picture with me my blood pressure as they said, "We'll be back in a few hours." I didn't know if they meant a few hours...or 'African time' hours. Who knows how long that would be! I looked at 3 sleeping babies, which is not hard at all. But I knew that they were all going to wake up...at the same time and they all needed to be fed! I knew I could I do it, so I said ok and they left. 20 minutes later...all 3 babies woke up. I quickly made bottles for each of them and attempted to feed all 3 of them at the same time. It was tough...let me tell you, but I did it! Every baby was fed, bathed, changed, and loved. I finally got the twins to sleep, so I rocked baby Joshua and had one on one time with him. He finally fell asleep in my arms and that is when I got to take a second to lay down as well! 4 hours later, the teachers came back!

After my time with babies, I took Bogere to get his head shaved. It is important that all the children, including the girls, shave their heads. The places that they live are very dirty and lice can be a huge problem, as well as other types of fungus. In order to protect them from disease, their heads should be shaved. I wanted to make this a special moment, so I took him to a salon to shave his head. This was his first time he had ever been in a salon. He loved it! The gentleman that shaved his head was a very nice man and treated Bogere like he was someone special. It made my day. After Bogere's haircut he could not wait to show all this friends his new look. It was so cute to see how proud he was of his new hair! 
 


1 comment:

  1. Paris,
    It's so amazing to see your love for people&how you're allowing God to use you to bless these little ones is awesome& inspiring. I'll be praying for you for strength, courage, wisdom,joy&more blessings than you could ever hope for!:)- Stephanie

    ReplyDelete