Sunday 16 September 2012

CHURCH like never before

My day yesterday consisted of church...and that's about all we had time for. This service was not like one I am used to, and I'm not even talking about the fact that it was African style. I'm talking about the length of the service. The service lasted for 4 hours...and I left early! 4 HOURS PEOPLE! I have been to church since the womb, I have sat in countless services, but never one that lasted this long. It was a great service though! I loved it! It was so much fun and the dancing was really cute. It was a really great experience for me. And let me tell you, 4 hours later, I walked out of that building a saint! hehe ;) I love the people here, they have so much energy and passion about Jesus while they are worshipping. They don't hold anything back, which I believe, is how it should be. It was so amazing to watch these people worship their Savior. If I could even move my body like that, then maybe I would join them, however that is so not the case. hehe! During the service Mama Ruth spoke for a while, and it was really great to watch her speak her heart.

She called me on stage to stand with her, so I held her hand and stood with her. She told the congregation that I was her daughter and that she was so happy to have me with her. Then she handed me the microphone and asked me to share with them. This caught me off guard, but after 21 years of being a pastor's daughter, I've learned to stay on my toes. So I just shared my heart with the people and I expressed my gratitude to them for sharing their beautiful country with me. Thank you Jesus for giving me the words to say! After church I got to spend some quality time with our new volunteer, her name is Julian. It was really great to have a friend to laugh at all the awkward moments with me. We had a great time together. I took Julian into the town and we walked around and I showed her all the places to go for whatever she might need. It was pretty fun to be the one to show her around, since I'm like a native now ;). Julian and I walked all around town and laughed and just had a great time! Thank you God for bringing me a friend. We then had dinner at Pastor Ruth's house. After dinner we helped clean up the dinner and we hung out with the family. I truly feel like I am one of the family now. I have 2 older brothers, 2 older sisters and a baby sister. We laugh together, tease each other, and have a great time with one another. I am so happy with my new Ugandan family and my new Ugandan life!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your love for Gods people.Listening to you speak in church touched my heart very much.Your ability today to see the heart of the police lady and to speak rightly about her clean heart in loving the children made me confirm that surely you listen and hear from God.I have known that lady for quiet some years and she has such a large heart for children and we thank God for positioning such people in His service.Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are family and i praise God for that.Hearing you speak at church was so wonderful.Thank you so much for being Spiritually prepared all the time. Even you ability to tell that the police lady we met today has a great heart for children amazed me, you met her for the first time yet you were able to tell she is a good woman.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete