Tuesday 11 September 2012

An attack of the enemy

"Spending time alone with Jesus can be a difficult discipline, because it goes against the activity addiction of this age. You may appear to be doing nothing, but actually you are participating in battles going on within the spiritual realms. You are a waging war-not with the weapons of the world, but with heavenly weapons, which have divine power to demolish strong holds. Living close to Me is a sure defense against evil." This was the topic of my devotional this morning. I have to say, it was perfect. My mom and I had a discussion before I left to Africa. She was explaining to me that now that I am leaving home and going to a place where the attack of the enemy is strong, I have to understand that I am being placed on the front lines of a battle. Being in the Word is so important because it is my offensive weapon against the enemy. It is says in 2 Corinthians 10:4 "The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds." To many people, what I'm doing here is great, it may seem sweet or cute even, however, I am also fighting a war. Im standing on the front lines as the enemy tries to attack God's children. I am covered by the blood of the lame and NO weapon formed against me shall prosper! I know who I am and I know who God is, so I stand here taking "bullets" for these children who have yet to understand the mighty power of Jesus Christ. 
The enemy works in mysterious ways. He doesn't always make a big commotion when he is trying to attack you, it can simply be a moment of distraction, a moment of discouragement, a moment of weakness. It is important that my eyes are constantly focused on Jesus. Yesterday seemed like nothing important. I did the same things I always do. I fed the children, bathed Bogere and took care of the babies. I've been doing this for almost 2 weeks, so for me, it was just another day, the same old thing. Then it dawned on me. THAT is an attack of the enemy! He wants me to think that what I am doing is not important, he wants me to think that this is not going to have an impact. The enemy would like for me to get caught up in the day to day instead of focusing on what is really going on, which is the battle that I have been called here to fight! Oh Satan, you have messed with the wrong blonde!! ;) Let me tell you! For I know that your greatest power is to mess with the minds of your children. I also know, that everything I am doing is important, every plate of food I pass out, ever diaper that I change is important to the Father that created these children. Everyday that I pray for these children and love them like the Father does, is so important. I am fighting this battle for them, and I will not be shaken!

9 comments:

  1. What your doing is worth-while - selfless. Giving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! You keep on pushing forth through the power of Jesus Christ, Pare!! I'm praying for you and for those precious little lives you are touching every day!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great insight Paris! How easy it is to get caught up in the routine of things and forget what we are really doing. Thank you for showing up at your post in this season my warrior princess friend!

    I am believing that God will do a strengthening, beautiful refining work in you and that He will increase your measure of faith in this season!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paris, I see you read "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. That book is amazing and so are you for being obedient to Our Father. I read your blog the other day where you spoke of two little girls Vella and Joyce and how Vella was showing "Selfless Love" towards her sister. You went on to say "It made me wonder...has there ever been a time when I refused to give something that maybe I had an abundance of?" I am sure that we all have, however, you Paris are showing "Selfless Love" now. I will keep you in my prayers Paris, God is doing wonderful things in your life. Smoochez, Love & God Bless you. Marcy (Alex mom from Oasis) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather His lambs in His arms. Is 40:11. You are His hands & arms.
    Blessings
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Paris for that beautiful reminder!!! Your blog has been a delight to read. Thank you for taking the time each day to give us a glimpse into your world as you are moving mountains! I'm praying that God continues to pour out His blessings on you as He uses you to be His hands and feet. Fight on precious warrior GodChick (I know your mother is so proud)!!!

    Jamie Hess

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am praying for you regularly - I know you are fighting the fight of faith for these kids - with love.

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that God is keeping you Spiritually alert.You are such a blessing to many lives.Love you.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete