Monday 10 December 2012

Packing

   Pastor Ruth and I walked to Smile Africa yesterday morning. It was a really nice walk. We talked about things that were on my heart, and on hers. I really love our morning walks. On our way to Smile we stopped in to see the architect that is working on our baby home. We wanted to show him a few things that we wanted added to the drawing of the house. The man seemed to like our additions that I had come up with. It was a really productive morning.

   Once we arrived at Smile, there were things that had to be done. It was going to be a busy day. The second we walked through the gates, 2 children came running toward me. I smiled as I watched Bogere and Betty racing to see who was going to give me the hug first. They both jumped into my arms at the same time. Thank God I was prepared for that or else we all would have fallen over. We laughed as I spun them around and around.

   Pastor Ruth looked at us and smiled and kept walking toward the office. My children and I followed close behind her. We arrived in the office and saw Michael working on something. Within seconds Michael said,

"What are we going to do without you Paris! Seriously! There is going to be a huge whole now that you're leaving."

   Then Pastor Ruth looked at him and said,

"Now don't go start that again. You both are really trying to make me cry! Not today! Both of you stop!"

   When Michael said that, it really hit me. I was leaving in just a few day. Where had the time gone?
I looked around the office at the people that had become my family and I smiled. How blessed I am that God has given me such a beautiful new family. 

   Just a few hours later, Pastor Ruth and I drove to her village. She is purchasing land there to build a church for the people in her village. I went with her to see the land. Did I NEED to go? No. But I think that since I am leaving soon, Pastor Ruth wants me with her everywhere...which is totally fine with me. I didn't leave her side at all yesterday, which is how she liked it, I'm sure.

   Once we got back home, we had dinner together with Baby Esther. We had a great time together, as usual. Then, we both became quiet. I think it occurred to both of us...only 2 more dinners left. We are trying hard to be happy with the time that we have left, but it's hard when you've built such a bond with someone.

   When I went back to my hotel room last night, I started packing. I looked around the room that has become my home and I just laughed at all the chaos. I stayed up for hours packing everything and making piles of clothes to give away. I laid out clothes that I was going to wear for the next 2 days and for the airplane, but everything else is packed away. When I saw my suitcases packed my heart started pounding very fast. There was only one person I could think about the whole time...Bogere. My heart was breaking as pictures of our journey flooded my mind. But when I think about how far we've come, I can't help but smile. :)

"Thank you Jesus for giving me the strength that I have needed for my whole journey here. Thank you for loving me and my children. I pray God that you will keep me strong as I spend my last days in Tororo. Thank you for new friends and family. I love you! Amen."

 
   

1 comment:

  1. I love you and am thankful that you have family all over the world! And your USA family is ready to see you!!
    xoxoxo...mom

    ReplyDelete