Friday 7 December 2012

I Love You

   Yesterday was a really great day. I started off my day with climbing The Rock. It is a huge mountain that is very popular. It was so much fun to be able to climb it. Timothy and I decided that we were going to race up the mountain. We finally made it to the top and we both thought we were going to collapse! On way back down we started to race again...which led to me slipping and falling on my bottom and sliding a few feet down the mountain. We all started laughing so hard! I'm glad I could be a good source of entertainment! Haha.


   Once we finished climbing, I went back to my hotel and got ready for the day. I walked quickly to Smile Africa. I went right into the babies room to hug my Caleb. As I was walking into the office, Bogere jumped on my back! It was so funny. My boy was so happy and smiley all day yesterday. Bogere is getting really good at riding that bike. I am so proud of him. Nothing can get him off that bike.

   I had a few errands to run for Smile, so I was all over the place. I met Pastor Ruth in town and we drove back to Smile Africa together. The whole way over we just talked about all the funny things that have happened while I've been here. It was really nice.

   Just a few hours later I was in the office with Bogere. I wanted to teach him how to write his name. I would write it and he would try and copy it. It was really hard at first, but it started getting easier. I began to make funny shapes with the letters of his name and he started laughing at every new letter that I would write. Then he looked at me and said something that I will never forget...

" I love you."

   My heart fell to my feet. I have told Bogere thousands of times that I love him. I wanted him to feel loved and hear that he was loved, but he has never told me that he loves me back. It was not that I needed to hear it, but it was at that moment that I felt like everything clicked for him. Now he totally understands. This is what love looks like. Not only do I love him, but now he knows that he too has the capacity to love and love in the right way. This is what I came here for! For this moment right here! With one week remaining, my boy gets it. LOVE. It was one of the happiest moments of my life.

"Thank you Jesus for LOVE! Thank you for helping Bogere understand who he is. Thank you for teaching him that he too can love. I pray God that you will continue this work in his life even after I'm gone. I pray God that Bogere will succeed and flourish in this life you have given him. I love you! Amen."

4 comments:

  1. Okay, now I'm crying!! God is so amazing! Paris, so are you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great. Total tears, too. What a work you are doing with Jesus in that little boys heart. So happy for you and Bogere to have had this time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That is awesome. God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo great!!! Praise God for the work He is doing in Bogere's heart. I love you sweet girl, and am so excited to see your face!
    xoxo...mom

    ReplyDelete