Sunday 9 December 2012

My Last Sunday

   Yesterday morning I had to get up early because I needed to go to church. It was my last Sunday here in Tororo, so I couldn't miss it. I got dressed and then got on a boda and went to meet Bogere and Betty. I had gotten Bogere a nice church outfit and I could not wait to see him in it. I picked up my kids and then I went to Rachelle's house. We decided that we were going to go to church with her yesterday. When we arrived at Rachelle's house I quickly changed Bogere into his new church outfit and we were out the door. I was looking forward to spending the day with my children and Rachelle and her children.

   I would first like to point out how cute my boy is in his little outfit! Okay, I'm done. hehe. We all went to church and the kids seemed to have a great time. They sang songs and played with the other children. It was so great! Once church was over we all went back to Rachelle's house. Rachelle and I made them lunch and let them play and eat outside while we talked. I would look outside to check on how things were going and Bogere and Betty have never looked happier. They loved their new friends. 

   Finally it was time to go. I would also like to say how obedient my children are! I was so proud! I said, "Okay kids, it's time to go! Put on your shoes so we can leave." Both of them said, "Okay!" And they quickly got their shoes on and we left. I told them how I proud I was that they were quick to obey.

   I took them back to Smile Africa to rest a little bit and I went back to Rachelle's to hang out with her more. I then went back to my hotel to get Betty and Bogere their other Christmas presents. Once I put it all in my bag I went back to Smile Africa to pick them up. They were going to have dinner at Pastor Ruth's house with me. To start our dinner off right, Bogere prayed for the food. I just watched him pray and I couldn't help but smile at him. Bogere has to be the cutest boy in the world, I'm convinced. He prayed a great prayed and then we ate. We had such a great time at dinner. We were all laughing and playing around. They were getting wild and they would climb on me and hang off me. It was really funny. So I started calling them my little monkeys. Then Betty said, 

"Even you! You are the big monkey!" 

   So I would call them little monkeys and they would call me the big monkey. Then baby Esther was the baby monkey. Bogere then pointed to Pastor Ruth and said, 

"Mama monkey!"

   We all laughed and laughed! Then Pastor laughed and said, 

"Wait, since when did we all become a family of monkeys?"

   We were just laughing and having a great time together! Once we finished dinner, I brought out the kids' other Christmas presents! They were beyond excited! The smiles on their faces made it amazing!

   This was the best Last Sunday that a girl could ask for. I spent the day with family. I had my kids with me, everyone was happy, it was a great day! 

"Thank you Jesus for this amazing day! Thank you for blessing me with a wonderful last Sunday. You care about the little things. Thank you for all that you have done for me and my children. I love you! Amen."


2 comments:

  1. To us, it has always been the best each day with you.We have laughed,played and wiped tears of joy.Know that you are loved at all times.

    ReplyDelete