Tuesday 11 December 2012

Enjoying Every Moment

   When I woke up yesterday morning I just sat in bed in silence. I looked around my room at the emptiness. My heart started pounding 90 mph. I was really going to miss Bogere and I was even a little nervous to leave him. I got out of bed and started getting ready for the day. I could not get my little boy out of my head. Pastor Ruth came and picked me up in the van because I had a lot of things to bring to Smile Africa. As I brought suitcases and bags to the car, Pastor Ruth's eyes got big. We didn't like this at all. 

   Finally we arrived at Smile Africa with all the bags and we put them in the office. My children saw me and came running. First Betty came, then Bogere followed shortly behind. I got the best hugs ever from them. They helped me carry my bags to the office and we sat in there for a few minutes. I brought them a snack and let them eat it in the office while I sorted through all the things that I brought.

   After that was done I went to go find Caleb. I had some clothes I wanted to give him. I went to the babies room and saw my happy baby playing in there. I quickly gave him his morning bath and put on his new clothes. Caleb had to be the cutest boy that I have ever seen...yes...he's a model! 

   Tell me this isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen! A suit jacket and a diaper...it doesn't get much better. I'm not sure why, but every time I pull the camera out...he naturally has this model expression. It's hilarious. Once I took pictures of my baby, I played with Bogere and Betty. We rolled around in the dirt, we raced, we played tag, we had a great time. We went back in the office to rest a little bit and Bogere sat on lap. I would pull him to me and then push him backward, he was laughing so hard. I love every minute that I get to spend with that boy. 

   When I woke up in the morning, I thought it was going to be a hard day, but actually it was so much fun. Everyone was laughing and playing around, even Pastor Ruth. God has been so good to us. On a day that we all expected to be hard, there was nothing but laughter and joy. Praise Jesus. I spent as much time as possible with my 3 children, Betty, Bogere, and Caleb. I was was enjoying every moment. Those kids bring me more joy than anything else in the world. I am so blessed that God has trusted me with being a "mommy" to these kids. I'm not going to lie, my heart hurts when thinking about leaving. Its very hard actually, but I know that I will be back with them before I know it. 

   If someone were to ask me where my heart is...I would say "In Uganda, with 3 children."

"Thank you Jesus for this amazing day! Thank you for your love and grace. Thank you for always keeping me safe on my journey in Uganda. You have given me so much grace its unbelievable. Thank you for all the work that you have done in Bogere's life. Thank you for all that you have enabled me to do. I pray God that you will make a way for the babies home to be built. I pray God for my children, that you will keep them safe and that you will protect their hearts. Give them wisdom beyond their years. We all love you! Amen."






1 comment:

  1. It is the foundation of your partnership strategy if you dont want your site
    to satisfy all the requirements if you are
    not a partnership writer yourself.

    my web page ... optimizing website

    ReplyDelete