Tuesday 4 December 2012

New Bike

   Yesterday was a great day! In the morning I could hardly wait for Pastor Ruth to come pick me up in Kampala. She was going to be bringing Bogere and I was so excited to see him. I waited and waited... Then finally 11am came along and I saw Pastor Ruth's van pull up. The door opened and my little boy jumped out and ran to me! I saw him running to me so I started running to him. It was the cutest moment. Once we reached each other, I picked him and started spinning him in the air. Then I took him inside and changed his clothes. I bought him a new outfit. It was so cute. I got him some new jeans and a cute t-shirt and a hat. Bogere really loved that hat. It was so cute.

   Once I changed his clothes, then we all got back in the car. I wanted to show Pastor Ruth some baby homes so she could get an idea of how ours should look. It was really great. As we walked through these babies homes, her eyes were opened to even better ways that we could design our baby home. It went really well. We haven't raised all the money for our baby home. If you would like to be apart of giving a child a future, then please visit www.smileafrica.org. There you can donate to our baby home...and you can change the world. Please give what you can.

   After our babies home visits, we went to a little mall in Kampala. It was time for me to give Bogere his Christmas present. We walked into the mall and I brought out his Christmas present. Bogere's eyes got huge! He looked at his present and then said,

"A Bike!"

   Bogere threw his arms around me and said,

"Thank you! Thank you!"

   Then he ran to his new bike. I have never seen a little boy more excited! It was so amazing to watch him ooh and aah over his new Spiderman bike.

   The look on his face when he saw his bike was priceless. I love this boy so much and I just wanted him to have the best first Christmas. He rode the bike all through the mall. Bogere has never been on a bike before, so he was learning how to steer and how to pedal...and do both at the same time. I had so much fun teaching my boy how to ride a bike. It was really fun for both of us. Merry Christmas Bogere!

"Thank you Jesus for this amazing day! Thank you for getting Bogere and Pastor Ruth to me safely! Thank you that Bogere loved his new bike. I pray that you will keep him safe everywhere he goes with it. I love you! Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment